206-208

Chapter 206 - It Was Obvious that They Were being Targeted (1)

He said he was interested in her and started pursuing her. He didn't know anything about her. As far as he was concerned, having her as his girlfriend was probably just so that he could gloat about it. She had seen too many like him.

She turned around and started chatting with Zhong Yi about a gossipy show that she had been watching. They walked right past Gong YiLin and never gave him another look.

Watching the two of them walked away, Gong YiLin followed behind them from a moderate distance. When the arrived at the front entrance of the school, he saw Li XinYun and Zhong Yi stepped into a Bentley. He could tell that it was the limited edition one from the year before and it was arguably his dream car.

His family was fairly wealthy but they still wouldn't spend the kind of money on a car with a price tag over 10 million yuan.

That had further confirmed his speculation.

He pulled out his cellphone and took a few photos. The anger of jealousy mixed with the feeling of being fooled had more or less gotten rid of all of his rationality.

He placed a call to his brother. "Big Brother, do you remember a girl by the name of Zhong Yi at White Crane from way back when?"

"Do you have her photo?"

Tsk. He hung up on the phone and looked displeased. His brother somewhat recalled Zhong Yi but did not have a photo with the two of them together. Even though it was a club but the owner was especially strict with his rules and wouldn't allow the customers to cross the lines. Granted, if they were to hook up outside of the club, the owner couldn't really regular what happened outside of work hours.

That was a nonstarter but he could try approaching it from a different angel. There were many who worked at the club. He must be able to get a picture or a video clip somehow. If she had been there before, there would be traces for him to pick up.

***

Li XinYun had no idea that her suitor was starting to blacken and was already going down the path of revenge.

The first thing she did when she got home was to have some fruits.

The fruits that her mother had gotten were too amazing! She could totally eat them for three meals a day!

Fang JunRong smiled as she watched her daughter eating like a hamster and said to her, "Are you still going to stay at the dormitory next semester? Why don't you just move out. I can fill the refrigerator with fruits then."

Li XinYun shook her head. "Nah, it's fun staying in the dormitory. It took some getting used to at first, but my roommates are not difficult to get along with."

She would look at it as an experience.

After finishing up a peach, Li XinYun asked, "Are we going to spent New Year at home this year?" She had never been a big fan for the New Year. Her family had always hosted many banquets around the New Year time and, not wanting to reflect poorly on her parents, she always had to spend a lot of effort on hosting the guests.

Fang JunRong nodded. "Yep. We will have New Year's Eve dinner at home and visit your uncle on the second.

"You can make your own plans besides that."

She then turned to ask Zhong Yi. "There aren't that many of us anyway. Would you like to invite your grandmother over to have New Year's Eve dinner with us?"

She had met Zhou Yi's grandmother before. She was a very gentle-looking old woman. Except that, in her previous life, Zhong Yi was closed with Jiang YaGe and others looked at the two of them as being on the same team. Whilst they did not dare retaliate against Jiang YaGe, they would take it out on Zhong Yi and the fact that she was working at a club was leaked.