Poor Unfortunate Soul

"Oh Aunt Loki its terrible just terrible. I hate him so much." Your niece cries as she clings to your shoulders. "Ah my poor dear. What ever is the matter?" You coo holding her tight. Torunn is Thor's teenaged daughter. She is very close with you and tells you everything. She says you're a cool aunt or uncle, depending on how you present that day. Today you can tell by her tears that she's heartbroken. "Father won't let me live on Midgard. I love their realm and ways of doing things. He says I'm too young to live on my own but I'm 16 in Midgardian years. I'm practically an adult down there. He also says because I'm his heir I have to live here and rule Asgard one day. But I don't want to rule Asgard! I hate it here and I hate him!" "Now now my pet lets not be rash. Your father is just doing what he thinks is right. He's just trying to keep you safe. I've been to Midgard and it's not always a nice place for a pretty girl like yourself." You say wiping her tears and conjuring some tea. "I'm not a girl aunt Loki! I'm a woman." "Indeed you are. How about you stay here for a bit while I think of something to do about your problem. Ok?" She nods and takes a sip of her tea. You knew exactly what to do but wanted to give her time to relax.

You change into Midgardian clothing and she looks at you funny. "Well the only way for you to get what you want, is to become a Midgardian yourself." "Can you do that?" "My dear sweet child, that's what I do. That's what I live for. To help unfortunate Asgardians, like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to." You tease as you get things ready for the spell. "But won't father be mad at you for doing this?" "Probably but he's always mad at me for something." You shrug as you read over the instructions. Torunn comes closer to your workbench and looks at all of the different things you have laid out. "If I become Midgardian, I'll never be able to see my family again right?" "I wouldn't say that. I'm sure Thor and I would visit on occasion. But since you love Midgard so much, I doubt you'll even miss us."

"Now it says here I need a personal item of the person being changed. I think your necklace will do." You stretch out your hand and she nervously backs away. "Father said to never take it off." She says quietly as she holds it close to her neck. The necklace she possesses is actually the tesseract. The thing you need to transport you both to Midgard undetected and the thing you desire most in this universe. "My love don't you trust me?" "Father also told me never to trust you aunt Loki." She says as she looks down at the floor. She does love you but understands it's in your nature to lie and cheat to get what you want. You loved her and didn't take it personally. "Well I thought you hated him. What he doesn't know won't hurt him darling." You coo sweetly trying to convince her to hand it over. She's very hesitant and your patience is running thin. "I'll admit in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when the called me, well a witch. But you'll find nowadays I've mended all my ways. Repented seen the light and made a stitch. I now use my magic on behalf of the miserable, lonely and depressed. Those poor unfortunate souls. Much like yourself darling." "I don't know. What if I just runaway on my own?" "I wouldn't advise that. You've never been there and sure to get lost or in trouble. Not to mention you would have to get past Heimdall. Now please little one I need that necklace." There is a long silence while she contemplates her options. You're about to lose your temper but you don't want to blow this chance of getting the tesseract.

You leave the work area and sit on the couch. "I'm a very busy woman Torunn. I don't have all day for you to make up your mind." You sigh as you pick up a book. She knows your offer to help is expiring so she quickly removes the necklace. She looks at it one last time before dangling it above the page you're reading. "Now there's a good girl." You coo, snatching it from her fingers. "Lets go." You say as you change the necklace into the icy blue cube form that you've grown to love. You pull her close just before the tesseract did it's magic.

You both warp onto a busy sidewalk in New York City. All the new sights and sounds overwhelm Torunn and she holds on to you tighter. "Welcome to Midgard little one. You have to get used to it." You say loud enough over the hustle and bustle. You manage to get to a hotel and she relaxes once inside. "Why are we here?" "Well can't have you living on the streets. You'll stay here till I find you more permanent housing." "Why can't I stay at your house?" You have a cabin in the Rocky Mountains you use to get away from things and relax. "That would be the first place your father would look once he realizes you're gone." You laugh as you book her a room for a few days. Once in her room you hand over the key. "Alright my darling, here is money for food and clothes. Remember your manners and to not talk to strangers. I'll be back when I found you a home of your own. Ta-ta." You pat her on the head and turn to leave. "You're leaving me alone?" She asks as she catches your hand. "Why yes. You said yourself you're practically an adult. You don't need my help." "Right. Ok then. I'll see you later aunt Loki. Thank you. I love you." You pull her into a hug and kiss the top of her head. "I love you too."