thirty four

The swift sound of a speeding arrow was the next thing that those in the chamber heard, and all eyes fell upon its target - Yeong-cheol.

In fear of being struck, the man released his grip upon the Empress and drew his own sword, allowing Jangmi to escape from his clutches.

Unfortunately, the man had not been able to avoid the stinging graze of the arrow as he howled in pain as the arrow lodged itself in his arms.

"You fools!" He cried aloud to his troops. "What are you waiting for? Attack!"

Swords were unsheathed, daggers pulled out of cloaks and suddenly, the chamber was filled with the menacing threats of both sides, the good and the bad.

"Jangmi!" Taehyung's boxy smile came into her view, as he grabbed her wrist gently. "Come on, let's get you out of here,"

"But what about the others?" The Choi girl cried as they passed multiple corpses on the ground. "The boys?"

"They will be fine, I promise," Taehyung assured her. "You on the other hand have no training in how to wield a sword or ride a horse. I need to get you to safety,"

As they left the lair in which Jangmi had been held captive in for many days, she relaxed slightly at the sight of the moon, welcoming her back into the world of the living.

"Sire!" A tall, buff man bowed at the sight of the two, daggers and knives strapped everywhere upon his form.

"Yuhan, take the Empress and return to the Imperial Palace, Yoongi's orders. If anyone or anything comes in your way, then you kill them. I believe you know what to do?" Taehyung's voice was fierce, filled with authority as sounds from the lair grabbed his attention once more. "I have to help my brothers. Jangmi, it's good to see you again,"

"I know what to do, good luck, sire," Yuhan bowed as Jangmi pulled the youngest Kim into a hug. 

"Please don't get hurt and make sure you all come back safely," She whispered.

"Of course, Jangmi," The black haired boy winked as he raced back to where his brothers were battling.

"Your Majesty? We must leave as quickly as possible, before the enemy come to learn of our escape," Yuhan untied the rope as to where his horse had been munching on some grass.

Without any difficulty at all, he picked the Empress up onto the beast, before swinging his own legs over as they dashed past the guards, who now lay lifeless on the forest floor.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

merry christmas!

i hope those of you who celebrate are having a wonderful day, and those of you who don't, i hope you're having a lovely day too!

i watched 'spiderman: no way home' on thursday night, and i want to cry. i also went back and watched 'the amazing spiderman' movies, and it felt so nostalgic watching them again. like, i felt like i was 7 years old again, watching andrew garfield on the screen for the first time. 

anyways, i hope you have a wonderful week.

lots of love and hugs

xx