Chapter 36: Birthday Ball-II

***

(By popular no

(By popular no. of votes, we have the final gown)

The evening blinked away the last rays of the sun as it approaches the starry night. The grand birthday cum debutante ball was commencing.

Serenity was adorned in a beautiful midnight blue gown that complimented her fair skin and makes her rare amethyst eyes popped out. Her petite figure looked rather delicate and soft. She glanced at the reflection in the mirror and couldn't help but proudly smile.

The natural makeup enhanced her features and she loved the fact that Alessandro took special care to provide an exquisite lighter gown contradicting how heavy it looked. He had it prepared by one of the most famous Italian designer in the world who specialized in debutante gowns and evening dresses.

Zia Lavinia accompanied her throughout the day, suggesting and giving her tips on how to carry herself. Serenity had never been trained professionally in etiquette unlike young women of the upper class. All she learned was from her Mama Dido.

"Why isn't Alicia here yet?" She complained softly.

"She will be here with with Fratello Gio." Lavinia answered referring to her brother, the Don of Vitali family.

Butter had also dressed up in a creamy evening dress that she had brought along. It wasn't anything extravagant and she wasn't one to stick up to the latest trends so it didn't bother her.

The guest had started arriving and it was time to commenced the ball.

"Is she ready?"

She heard the familiar husky voice from the door. Serenity breath out to contain her excitement and nervousness.

She slowly stood up from the chair and turned around.

"Alessandro..."

Alessandro froze as he look at her. His dark eyes fixated on her and he couldn't process the ethereal image of his girl in front of his eyes. She looked surreal and he wished he could hide her forever in his pocket. The world doesn't deserve such beauty nor did he.

"Love." He whispered and slowly stepped forward. Just when she was in an arm reach distance, did he come back to his sense.

His angel

His Serenity

Taking her delicate face in his palms as though he was afraid to put a little more force incase he breaks her. She was so fragile and exquisite in his eyes. He peppered her face with light kisses, consuming her in his embrace.

"Happy Birthday, my love, once again."

She beamed, "Thank you."

"Are you ready?"