Prologue

Sleeping With The Enemy

PROLOGUE:

~Jane~ In 2010

I was on cloud nine right now.. Just kissing this boy had made me feel.. Those sparks that only came from those cliche flicks and all those cliche romance novels.

But this one? This one felt right.

My hands ravelled around his curls, tugging at them slightly as he laughed lowly. "You're not so bad a kisser, Jane." He mumbles.

"Is it true?" I asked, looking Harry in the eyes. How could a boy so good looking be attracted to a girl like me? I mean, yeah I'm popular, and all these guys are asking me out to the dance and such, but.. This one was way beyond compare.

Harry silenced, an unusual look of guilt on his face for just a split second, "Of course it is."

I smiled, feeling somehow.. complete. I've ran into this boy thousands of time at school, but it was my ignorance that made me not talk to him, when I wanted to so badly.

Now, it was all happening.

Harry wrapped his arms around my waist, peering into my eyes seductively.

He kisses me by surprise once again, pulling away, "Say we go find a room in this crowded house, ey?" A smirk was playing on his lips.

Probably one of the best house parties I've ever been to.

We quickly walked into the house, due to Harry literally dragging me by the hand.

I giggled as he almost tripped on one of the stairs. The smirk was still on his face.

Once we had found a peaceful room, Harry slammed the door shut as I smiled shyly.

"Don't be shy, babe." He whispers, coming up closer to me.

I get lost in his eyes for just a second.

~Harry~

Clearly, if I had finished this bet, I would be the most popular boy at school. And that was to fuck Jane Hendricks, one of the most popular girls at our school.

I've ran into Jane quite a few times already, we were even paired up for a History 

I mean she was hot, yeah. The thing I was thinking about how she would feel if this was just going to be another one night stand.. Or well I mean was supposed to be a one night stand.

She was so pretty.. And just nice, not like all those snobby bitches at school. Jane knew how to treat guys like me, with respect.

And me, the boy who was using her for a bet and for popularity.. Well, I knew I was going to screw this up, but I mean maybe she could change her mind sometime and give me a call.

Only if it was that easy.. But I guess it couldn't be that way.

I shoved her roughly onto the bed as we stripped each other off, getting ready for a night we would DEFINITELY not forget.

----------

~Jane~

I woke up, only to get my heart broken right after. I find Harry kissing a different girl that went to the party last night on the other side of the room.

My breath hitched in my throat as tears in my eyes brimmed.

"What the hell!" I screamed, climbing off the bed, scrambling around as I grab a shirt blindly, while I'm directing my attention to him and the girl.

I was so disgusted, I swear I almost spat on him.

"Jane! Babe, wait just a second, I can----"

"No! You cheating little bastard.." I sobbed. "Last night obviously meant nothing to you. I gave you all of me.. I-I slept with you. Made love to you." I clenched my fists, tears constantly streaming down my face.

"Jane.." His voice of guilt now came back, which was only what I witnessed yesterday.

"What," I talked through gritted teeth. The girl just sat there, taken aback by the situation, as she just sat there with a sudden smirk on her face.

"Did it work?" The girl chuckled, finally speaking up to Harry.

"What?" I whispered shakily.

"Oh, you just got punked badly." She laughs mischeviously. "His friends had this bet against you, and Harry did it. To get popularity. Through you." She grinned, obviously happy that she had gotten me to look like a complete weak ass.

I shot my head into Harry's direction, walking up to him and slapping him hardly and coldly across the cheek. "I don't want to see you again."

Harry just stood there frozen in his spot.

"Come on Harry, now tell the girl she doesn't mean anything to you and she was just a toy!" She goes as I grit my teeth, my tears no longer controllable.

Harry looked up to me, guiltiness still etched on his eyes. He seemed to get a hold of himself, looking me straight in the eye and saying it.

"You.. Didn't mean anything to me and you were just a toy." Harry says, sorrow in his eyes, but I didn't care anymore..

I was just used.. By this.. By this monster. By the enemy.

"Get out of this fucking house. Leave," I shoved him roughly, along with the girl as she winced slightly by the impact of my shove.

Harry does as said, not sending me another look as it was just silence.

I cried hardly, disgusted by myself for giving myself to him so easily. Thank god for protection.

I walked to the front of the mirror, seeing the shirt I slipped on. It was the white shirt that Harry had wore the previous night. I squirmed out of the shirt, throwing it out the window, to get it out of my touch.

I sighed, seeing my make up smeared, and the mascara slightly inked on my face.

I blinked it away, using the back of my hand to wipe my tears away. I shouldn't be crying.

When I thought last night was the best night ever, it was such a lie.

Honestly, I was really Sleeping With The Enemy..

________________________

A/N:

Vote and comment please! Tell me what you think of it so far!

Thanks :)

-BritishBums xox