Chapter 31: Shocking Discovery

Hearing the door close for the third time I realize that they've all gone out and that I'm able to put my plan into action.

'I need to be quick in case one of them comes home early' I think as I decide to go through their bedrooms first starting off with my oldest brother. 'This room is as scary as him' I think as I step into the dark themed room. I check the wardrobe seeing nothing but suits and black shirts. 

'Does this dude where nothing else?' I then see a whole collection of expensive watches and perfumes. I look under the bed and notice some sort of black case box sitting there. I take it out and notice there's a cod on it. I try everyone's birthday numbers and finally succeed with my own. I slowly open it but drop the lid as soon as I lay my eyes on the inside.

'Did I see that right?' I try to lift the lid up again and freeze at what I see. It's full of different kinds of guns and even some knives. I feel my heartbeat increase as my breathing becomes heavy. I pick one of the guns up and just stare at it in my shaking hand.

I decided to take one with me for protection if my brothers would come home and notice what i'm doing, not knowing what they're capable of doing and playing it safe. I close the case box and put it back but with one of the guns hidden in my waistband. I walk towards the third floor to get more information.

'Maybe they're a military family or work with the police or something' I try to reassure myself. I notice the office where I previously found my brother talking in. The same metal plate with the name 'DON' written on the door. I walk in with quiet steps as I immediately feel the hair on my body stand up from the aura coming off from this room.

It's even more intimidating than his office downstairs and the black leather office chair in front of me makes me think about how much scarier Ezekiel would look sitting there with his usual dark suit. I walk over to a dresser, opening it and finding tons of documents and contracts. Just as I'm about to reach for them I look up over the dresser to see some sort of hidden door behind it. I push the dresser with all my might and movie it slowly, revealing the door.

I open it and see dark stairs leading right down. I gulp as I look down while sweat starts to appear on my temple. I make my way down the stairs in the dark, taking one step at a time. A disgusting scent hits my nose making me unconsciously hold my breath.

Finally seeing some light I walk a bit faster towards it but stop as I see what the light is reflecting on. It looks like I'm in some sort of basement and in the middle there's three light bulbs shining down on three chairs with... with people on each chair?.

'Wait that can't be right' I think as I take slow steps towards the chairs with what looks to be half naked people on them. I gasp loudly as I realize that it is in fact people here and that they're all covered in blood and deep cuts and burns. I cover my mouth in disbelief as I see one of the men being Dougal and the other two resembling the ones who killed my family.

'No this can't be true, did they really hide them here all along?' I think as tears start to appear in my shocked eyes. I flinch back and fall on my behind as Dougal suddenly looks up and groans out of pain. He looks surprised to see me but then an evil sinister smirk appears sending shivers down my spine.

"You bitch, this is all your fault" He says with a hoarse voice like he hasn't been fed properly.

"W-what d-do y-you mean? what h-happened to you?" I ask, still on the floor and with wide eyes looking at the scene before me.

"Your brothers happened, they brought me here with those other two gentlemen and have been torturing us ever since" He starts saying with dead looking eyes.

"But why, why would they? they'll go to jail" I say, making him laugh.

"You're brothers can do anything they want and no one will stop them" He says, confusing me further.

"What a stupid girl you are. You're brothers are part of the most powerful mafia and practically own the whole fucking world" He says as I feel my tears finnaly flowing down.

"S-so they toture people? and... and kill them?" I say more to myself. Trying to process everything but failing.

"No, they help people and give them ice cream- of course they kill people, are you blind?" He says mockingly.

"Are you crazy? I just realized my brotehrs, MY brotehrs are fucking killers" I say as Dougal looks confused to what the big deal is.

"I need to leave, I can't stay here" I say, standing up with shaking legs.

"Release me first and i'll help you escape" He says desperately as i'm about to leave.

"Are you kidding? you beat me up after trying to rape me" I say as I walk away with him screaming insults at me. 

I cover my ears as I run up the stairs but trip on the way, struggling to see the steps in the dark. I get up but feel blood trickle down my knees as I do. I shut the door and put the dresser back to where it was before as I run back to my room to pack. My heart is beating like crazy and I'm trying my best not to get a panic attack from all this as I speed walk into my room.

I pace around the room with tears flying everywhere as I try thinking of how to calm myself down. I hear loud thunder coming from outside as I look out my window to see rain heavily pouring down from the dark sky.

'Dark already? my brothers are probably coming back any minute now' I look closer out the window to see that it's possible for me to climb down from it. I immediately start packing my backpack for the necessary things to escape with. I left my jacket downstairs and had to make it with only a hoodie and sweatpants.

Lightning comes crashing down as I carefully climb down. I fall at the end from my weak arms and slippery walls, from the heavy rain. Just as I'm about to run towards the woods I see a car pulling up and quickly hide behind some bushes.

'No, no, no...' I repeat as I'm running out of time. If they notice I'm gone, this quickly then I won't be able to run far before they find me. I don't waste time and quickly run through the dark woods. My clumsy ass falls for the third time today on the slippery mud making my clothes and hands dirty. I keep running until I get the urge to throw up from it and stop to rest a bit.

"Crap, I need to keep running or they'll find me in no time" I say outloud to myself. The adrenaline kicks in as I hear voices coming from the direction of the mansion making me run again, forgetting about the pain in my knees or how out of breath I am.

'Maybe if I can run out of the woods and find a place to hide in' I think as I change my direction and start running out of the woods instead.

A/N: Happy christmas everyone!