Amadeus and Pacita 3

Amadeus And Pacita 3

The Physician rushes to Amadeus' door.

He knocks three times.
Behind him are three maids. Depending on the young master's illness, they will be his assistant.

"Come in." Pacita's lazy voice answered the knock.

"Excuse me." The Physician opens the door and is stunned to see Amadeus is seriously sitting on his bed reading a book.

Pacita is lying on the bed like it is her bedroom and just slowly sitting up, tidying her hair.

The Physician is confused.
The young master doesn't look sick and in comparison, the madam looks lethargic.

"Is...the madam sick?"
The physician asks.

Amadeus puts the book down.
"Mother is fine. Why did you come?"

"That..A servant calls me saying the young master is sick."

Amadeus looks at the snow globe in his bedside.
It's lively colorful design makes it easy to spot inside the room.
"No. It's just a misunderstanding." Amadeus took the small globe and shook it.

Seeing his leisurely mood. The Physician feels awkward and decides to leave.

Pacita finally yawns and rubs her eyes.
"I fell asleep?"

Amadeus nods.
"Mother, it's inappropriate for you to sleep in my room. I am already an adult and you are my new step mother."

Pacita waves her hand. Not caring. She has already slept in this room for days. 
Amadeus didn't say anymore.
If servants dare say something outside then they really am stupid.

Pacita looks at Amadeus fondly playing with the small snow globe.
She smiles.
She stretches her body and looks at the sky behind the wide glass window.
"It's still early." At this time, she would be preparing to cook already. 
Oil is expensive and candles are inconvenient to use when the sky turns dark. 
Though she can eat in the tavern, she doesn't like spending time outside.
She can cook so it's best to save a few cents.

She chuckles.

Amadeus watches Pacita look at the sky with a complicated expression.
He walks to her side and looks outside.
"Is there anything unpleasant outside?"
He asks.

Pacita shakes her head.
"It's just too peaceful."

Amadeus lips twitch.
Peaceful.
It's because his mother never goes outside.
Outside their territory. Is there any place that is safe?
But he won't correct her.
It's good that she feels safe.

"It's good that it's safe." Amadeus nonchalantly said.

"Ah! I received a lot of invitations to a tea party but I don't want to go. Your Dad said I can just ignore them but the butler told me there are some that I just can't." Pacita sighs.

"You can't possibly hide in the house forever." Amadeus puts down the book he was reading. He looks outside and it's already dark.
"How about dinner?"

"Ah. Okay. Let's eat."
Pacita pats her belly.
"I feel like I'm getting fat. Should I exercise?"

Amadeus snorts.
"Wake up early then."

Pacita grins.
"Okay. Okay. I'll wake up early to send you off."

Amadeus quietly follows Pacita out.

***

Arben and Paula are silently looking down at their plate. Being alone with the quiet Duke scares them.
But the moment Pacita came the Duke pressure lessened a lot.

The two heave a sigh.
It's really amazing how the two of them spend their 3 days in the Duke estate so leisurely. It's thanks to the Duchess' jolly character that Amadeus called outrageous-behave-character-for-guests-to-see.
The Duchess pinches Amadeus' cheek because of that.