[Chapter 52: Midday Classes]

"Glad you actually made it to class this time around." Rose wryly remarked, nudging your side with a hint of mischief whilst you sat down at your desk and took out your textbooks.

"H-Hey! Of course I made it to class this time around...!" You exclaimed quickly, hiding your embarrassment as Amber and Laura also sat down at their desks.

"At least now I won't have to constantly share my notes with you for upcoming tests and exams." She commented with raised eyebrows; her sarcasm shining through while the professor entered the classroom.

"I-I just had household problems to deal with, that's all—!"

"(Y/n), Rose, if you please." Your teacher calmly called out - her clear tone causing you both to apologise and flip open your textbooks to the specific page.

Obviously, you didn't mean to get Rose called out, but you hadn't noticed that class was about to commence. So, hoping that she wasn't too annoyed by you - you shot a glance towards her, breathing a sigh of relief when she simply smiled and shook her head. Thank goodness. Rose and Cadence were both such good friends. Hopefully Amber and Laura would be chill with you during lunchtime as well as Cadence. Billy and Stu however...They both acted so...so strange earlier. From waiting so early at the university's front gates...ignoring Cadence just to greet you in particular...and noticing the love bite almost immediately...

Something was definitely up with those two. With a soft sigh, you spun your pen between your thumb and forefinger; barely being able to keep your focus as you struggled to note down significant points and crucial information. Psychology...It was a good thing you started to study said subject though - otherwise you would never have been able to pick up on your partners' sneaky strategies to secretly seduce you in the first place. But still...thinking back to when you accidentally bumped into Hannibal...dropped all of your books...And when you baked cupcakes together with Norman...Those different - yet oddly amusing - memories were definitely enjoyable things to think about.

In fact, you were having so much fun reminiscing that you only just managed to jot down essential points and vital explanations; not taking any notice of Michael while you became almost fully spaced-out. "And here I thought you'd actually pay attention during class today." Rose sighed in fake disappointment; rolling her eyes once the morning class had finished up for lunch.

"I was, I was...!" You retaliated wildly, shoving your textbooks into your bag before standing up and pushing your chair in. "My notes are sure to help me pass the end-of-year exam now...! Just you wait and see...!"

"Um, (Y/n)...?" Cadence kindly chipped in, tapping your shoulder and catching your attention. "I hate to burst your bubble, but um...Maybe you should compare your notes to hers..."

Following her advice, your eyes flickered from your desperate scrawls to Rose's; her professional and neat paragraphs outshining yours without a single doubt. "Yeah, you're totally scraping the barrel there." Amber snickered devilishly; holding her mouth as Laura sadly smiled.

"Hmph! At least I don't always go to raves and have to retake my courses." You fired back with a firm retort - shutting your notebook closed before pushing it straight into your bag.

"Uh, (Y/n), I really wouldn't start—"
"Yeah, well at least I don't vanish off the face of the Earth and have to rely on Rose for help!" The dark-haired girl responded smugly; her smirk implying that she was just messing about and not intentionally being mean.