ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖

A/N: Because of the point we are in the story, there will be a lot of cliffhangers. I wrote a few chapters, but the last chapter I wrote probably has the worst one so it's probably better to just post this one for now 💀

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays ❤️

*****

I stepped inside the house, and my eyes immediately fell on a body on the ground. It was one of mine, if the decay was any indication. The head had been ripped off and thrown across the room, and when my eyes met theirs, I hummed.

He had his teeth deep into the throat of a squirming vampire, who clawed at the face, screaming as the flesh just flaked off under his fingernails.

Though I didn't tell any of them, I was glad they knew they could fight back if need be. If they were fully alive, I wouldn't have expected them to just sit back and take it. I expected them to fight back with every ounce of energy they had in them to give just what was being given to them.

"Who the fuck are you?"

I turned my attention to a female vampire, her eyes wide and her mouth curled down in fear. Her eyes flicked behind me, and somehow they grew wider at the view of more decaying bodies stepping inside.

"Perfect," I said, straight-faced. "I need you to lead them to my mother."

"Your mother?" She took a step back.

"Scarlett Bara." I kept my eyes away from the screaming vampire to my right. There was a lot of blood if I could smell it over the stench of the decay.

"S-She's dead," the vampire stammered.

I stared at her, watching as she began shaking the longer she looked at the bodies surrounding me. I let her stare, let her take a good look.

"I hope for your sake that's not true," I said, voice quiet. I looked over at the vampire who had stopped his screaming. "Have you ever been attacked by a zombie? They'll keep going and going and nothing you can do can stop them. They feel no pain. You can fight all you want, but they'll ultimately win."

The male vampire's neck had been severed from the rest of his body, much like the zombie's had been. Though the vampire's decapitation was a lot less clean of a cut. That happens when you use bare teeth to cut through flesh.

If I had to choose something to kill me, zombies would be the last on the list. They could hold things and kill someone that way, but their more gruesome ways were...well, they were gruesome. There was no other way to explain it.

The female nodded and turned, walking away. Three followed behind her, and one shot a smirk at me that was anything but comforting.

I had no idea what kinds of people I raised. I didn't look into their backgrounds. They could have been back-stabbing murderers for all I knew. That was another reason why I was glad I had backup outside. If one of them decided they were going to go on a killing spree, I needed to make sure they were stopped.

I couldn't think of that. I had other things I needed to do besides worrying about a possible murderer among my midsts.

Well, that hopefully took care of finding my mom. Now...

I turned and walked down the hallway, eyeing pictures on the walls. It really was a nice house. Enough to fit plenty of vampires, and probably a dungeon of some sort. I wondered where they were keeping my mom. But the longer I thought about it, the angrier I got.

She deserved a nice bed and a large room. She probably got moldy walls and a hard slab.

I blew out a breath.

"You send your beasts in here to kill us and you have the audacity to sigh like you're bored?"

I knew the voice.

I turned to see the female vampire from when I went to get Jason's body. She looked angry, but somewhat apprehensive as more of the dead stepped up behind me.

This was almost too easy. Most people were uncomfortable around the dead. To have them downright afraid?

"Where's Alaric and Vincenzo?" I didn't bother responding to her earlier comment. I hadn't been sighing because I was bored. If anything, I was nervous. Sure, it was easy up until that point, but I didn't doubt for a second that Vincenzo would fight back.

I crossed my arms, pretending like being in a vampire's den wasn't one of the scariest things I'd ever done. There were so many what-if's.

She didn't say anything. She merely stared at me, an eyebrow cocked in challenge. I wasn't afraid of her, like she so obviously wished I would be. I had an army of the dead outside just waiting. The ones she saw in that moment were merely just following along.

I thought back to what Silus said about me not being vengeful, and I almost cracked a smile. No, normally I wasn't. Normally I'd freeze and make some stupid comment, and Vincenzo would probably get what he wanted. But I didn't go just to retrieve my heart. Hell, he could have kept it for all I cared. It wasn't like the other hand was any better, where Merlin would care for it until the end of his life.

Really. What was the better option?

Two of my undead horde stepped up beside me and she flinched.

"Alaric and Vincenzo," I said. "I won't ask again."

"Alaric isn't here." Her eyes found the more grotesque of the two - his eyes were practically jelly in their sockets and half of his face had been eaten off. "Vincenzo is in his office."

I smiled and thanked her, because that was the polite thing to do. I had no idea where Vincenzo's office was, but I knew a pretty easy way to figure it out.

"You're a monster," the female whispered as more and more zombies poured into the house, searching for the office for me without me having to ask.

"No." I shook my head. "If you think this is me being a monster, just wait to see when I figure out what you've done to my mother. Unless you'd like to enlighten me?"

"I haven't done shit to your mother." She sneered.

"But something has been done to her?" I tilted my head, and a familiar burn of anger began growing inside of my chest.

Her reaction was enough. There was a small twitch of a smirk, and I knew something had been done. What, I wasn't sure, but it was enough to make her feel confident that it would make me angry. A bad place for her to be, because my mom was one person I'd truly kill for.

When I didn't react, she realized what she'd done. Maybe the smirk was a mistake. A subconscious reaction. But it had been there.

I nodded, showing her I understood. "You have until they find my mom, and tell me what has been done to her, to leave. If you stay, and she has been hurt in any way, every single vampire in this house is going to die. I don't care about your ages. I don't care about your genders. Hell, I don't even care about your ranks. I will bring this place to the ground, and I will bring every single one of you down with it."

Her eyes flicked to the dead around us; to the ones who stopped to stare at her. They were doing what I wanted. They were scaring the people within the house. Also, when I got my answer, they had their orders. If they didn't want to kill, they didn't have to. But I knew some would probably delight in the idea.

A zombie looked around the corner and nodded me forward.

Looked like they found the office.

I took one last look at the vampire I didn't know the name of, wondered if she'd take my threat seriously or not, then decided I didn't care. If she fought on her way out, she'd likely die anyway, depending on the person she ran into.

I turned and walked towards the zombie ahead, trying to hold onto the anger I felt, rather than the fear beginning to curl at the idea of having to speak with Vincenzo.