Defend

I will be putting pictures of Liu Quiaquio and the others and how they are dressed and look like from time to time here^^^ ENJOY!

After the morning greetings word spread fast about what happened to the favored concubine of the emperor and also learned that Noble Lady Yun was favored by the Empress so they should watch their steps around her in the future.

Their guess was spot on, Liu Quiaqio did favor Noble Lady Yun. At the time of desperation, Noble Lady Yun forgot all competition with the other concubines to take care of him and in that process, her only daughter died of poisoning but she never once blamed him for that. in this life, he plans to help her and put her in a position that nobody could touch her or her daughter.

While he was walking and looking around leisurely he did not seem to notice a person with a cold expression mixed with anger approaching him slowly. That person was none other than the mighty Emperor.

"My Empress it seems that you have gotten quite braver after fainting yesterday night," The cold voice of the emperor sounded out. 

Fainted? He fainted..Oh, my Buddha! how could he forget about this! He fainted because he was pregnant with his quadruplets around that time. In his last life, he lost them when they were 6 months old, and losing four almost fully developed children had a big impact on his body causing him to be infertile. The empress is not only known as the Unloved Empress but is also known for his fertility. 

The emperor did not favor him, but it was his duty to make children with the empress, but he only slept with the empress 3 times and he got pregnant after each night. At first, they thought it was the Emperor but seeing that the emperor gave his most favored concubine only 1 child they knew it was the empress. Recalling that he was pregnant his gaze chilled for a moment, this man in front of him played a big factor in him losing his children, but his eyes soon went to normal.

"I do not know what the emperor is talking about, I'm the empress and she is a concubine. If the concubine can disrespect the main wife just because she's favored by the husband then why would we the wives go to the intense training to learn to keep them under control?" I asked with a monotonous voice. He seemed startled by the question as if this question could have never been asked by him.

"Mommy!" A cheerful and melodious voice interrupted them as the little girl jumped into the arm of the empress. The empress's face soon cracked into a gentle smile after seeing her darling daughter ignoring the shocked stares around her but the emperor's face remained indifferent as if it was just another child and not his.

"What is my beautiful Ruan'er doing here?" The empress asked as he crouched to carry the princess. It didn't even take a day for the kids to open up to him. They were still children and what children need the most is love, warmth, and care.

"Mommy, Ruan'er has an Idea for your dress!" The princess whispered to the empress and quickly his her face because she was blushing from the compliment her mommy gave her.

The empress grinned from ear to ear, all those who were passing by stopped to admire the aloof empress's smile, His smile was like a sudden beam of sunlight illuminating the darkest corners of the room. He was so caught up in his little world with his daughter he completely forgot the person that he was talking to, who was now giving him a weird look.

"Cough!"  he coughed trying to make his existence known.

"Oh, yes your majesty?" responded the empress with a visibly annoyed expression.

"Did you not teach your daughter any manners? She's a princess make sure she acts like one! The second prince's manners are impeccable compared to this child." The emperor stated with a cold voice casting the little girl a cold gaze.

"I-I-I'm!" the little girl was trying to explain with a panicked voice but was soon cut short by a cold voice.

"My Ruan'er is only three years old and she didn't greet you probably because she didn't recognize you since you were always busy with the second prince and his mother to ever come and visit her and tell her that you are he father! What are you going to do now? behead her? Do not ever compare my child to other children because you were never there to see the good side of her so how dare you to criticize her? And I wouldn't be so proud of the second prince to even dare to compare him to the empress's children since my Hu'er destroys him completely in everything!" The empress practically roared, the empress was seething with anger.

"I do not care if you love her or not, but remember this I'm the empress and a high ranking noble make sure you treat me like one!" The empress told him coldly as he boarded the palanquin with his daughter held tightly in his hand. "Foward!" he demanded, and soon the palanquin started moving towards the empress's palace leaving the angered and dumbfounded emperor behind.

The love he held once again became less from his cold and disgusting actions. Seeing his daughter seating nervously in the palanquin Liu Quiaqio's heart softened, and calmed his anger down in order not to scare his daughter. He put his adorable daughter on his lap and started hugging her. Laughter filled the palanquin all the way to the empress's chambers.

Arriving at the empress's palace his mood plummeted a little. Even though the empress's palace was grand it was dull. He always thought so in his last life and came up with the Idea to paint sceneries around the palace since he was very good at art but the emperor ruthlessly declined. His words were so hurtful that Lui Quiaqio gave up on art completely. He was scared to paint something because of the rejection of the love of his life. 

But now he will decorate this dull palace with help of his kids. I guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. His Hu'er was cunning and vicious just like him and His Tao'er was very talented in the Arts, while Ruan'er was very good at designing, and all of these were his traits. He wondered what the quadruplets would be like when they are born.

The number you see in the parentheses is the number of concubines the emperor can have in each rank in the harem. Remember that not how much he has but how many concubines he can have in these positions.

Ranks 

Empress(1)
Imperial Noble Consort(1)
Noble Consort(2)
Consort(4)
Hereditary Consort(6)
Official Lady(8)
Imperial Wife(10)
Noble Lady(12)
Imperial Concubine(14)
Virtuous Lady(16)
Beauty(18)
Senior Palace women(30)
Cairen(Unlimited)
Serving girl(Unlimited)

How they get promoted

So basically they have 3 ranking in each position. For example Noble Lady Yun, she is Noble Lady of the medial rank. If the empress or the emperor is promoting her she would either be promoted to Noble Lady of proper rank or directly to Imperial Concubine. There is 1st rank, medial rank, and proper rank. Basically first, second, last, and then get ready for another position in the harem. But they can decide to skip the ranking sometimes.