Chapter Twenty Five

Lowell spread out when he was sleeping, taking over the bed, which was fine if you gave in and slept essentially on top of him, in that half embrace that looked so uncomfortable to me from afar. But I slept well beside him, he felt so good in my bed, as though a space that hadn't been empty before was suddenly adequately filled. 

My sleep was so uncommonly deep, and I was so relaxed I felt as though I was melting into the bed when I slowly blinked awake and my form fell back together.

Looked to my side and saw him still sleeping and smiled.

My heart fluttered.

He had thick eyelashes, they were mostly noticeable when he was sleeping, nice nose and lips. I brushed my fingers across the side of his face, rough skin, needed shaving. He moved his lips only just. 

I couldn't recall ever wanting to kiss a man as much before. 

I pulled back and swallowed hard when I realised I was sporting an erection, you'd have thought that would be impossible given the night before. I ached all over. Remembering any glimpse of it made privates twitch. Again and again, I should have collapsed after the first time but every time his hands were all over my I started burning up again, I didn't know what it was that was making me crazy for him like that. 

Now he was here, in my bed, and he looked so perfect I almost wanted to ask him to just stay and never leave. A stranger, essentially, who thought of me as a companion for sex.

And god, way too young. I was nearly a decade older than him.

One muscular arm was slung around me, behind me as I sat up against the headboard, the same hand that ran down my body brushing the side of my hip unconsciously. My breath hitched, my chest getting a little tight. 

I took a deep breath and carefully began to pull away.

I needed to get into my pyjamas, I never slept naked. Lowell meant well, he just wanted to have his fun, but he was slowly rearranging my perfectly laid out dinner table of emotions, habits and expectations and I was almost more frightened of how little frightened I was.

I slipped a leg over the side of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Came the low, immediate voice of Lowell.

I glanced slowly at him from an awkward angle, heart thumping for some reason at being caught.

"Just, getting some breakfast..." I murmured, gingerly moving some more of the cover into my lap.

He hummed low and it almost sounded like a growl as he watched me.

"First time I fucked you, you were gone in the morning."

"I said sorry for that..." I whispered.

"Then the second time I fuck you and-"

"Stop... stop saying-"

"And guess what?"

"Stop describing it like that..." I was turning red as I slid another leg over the side of the bed.

"You were gone again." His voice was getting lower, something about it more gravelly than usual, normal, because it was the morning, but for some reason it was making my heart race a little faster. "Now for a third time I wake up and my sly little mate is trying to sneak off for a third time..." 

His voice degraded into a growl and I didn't have time to digest what was going on before I was grabbed from behind and pulled back against the sheets so fast and roughly I might have been thrown as I was suddenly pulled under him and what had once been my perfect little room, well arranged and quiet, was suddenly him, all over me, all around me.