chapt 11 • Tempting Sleepover's

Since word got out that to Grandma that I disrespected Annalise from the academy's council, she's called my phone over fifty times starting from the time I left Alessio, yesterday

She wouldn't stop leaving me voicemails, so I blocked her number and if she'd ask. I'd simply pretend that I thought she was a scammer or that I was far too busy to pick up.

I've been trying to avoid any contact with Carter, not wanting to be summoned to his office to discuss anything that had to do with Annalise or the academy's council.

I open the door to my room, a beige note on the floor catches my attention. I pick up the note, looking for a name but coming up dry and only finding a room number and the words "dress cute but comfy" written in sparkly red pen.

I quickly text Charolette, sending her the note and asking if she received one as well. She explained that it was from Madelyn and that she was inviting us to one of her yearly sleepovers, she did this every year but this was the first that Charolette was invited to.

Knowing my recent encounters with Madelyn, I was questioning why she was inviting me but pushed the questions away when Charolette said she wanted to attend.

I crumbled the note and threw it away, changing from the uniform into a satin nightdress, leaving my hair in its wavy state.

I knock on Charolette's room, she soon answers the door. Dressed in a light blue nightgown, with small white ruffles around the wrist area matching the fluffy white headband pushing her blonde hair away from her face.

She went to speak but looked at my attire, Charolette's entire neck and cheeks deeply flushed.

"Ready?" her voice quietly went a pitch higher. I followed her as soon as she closed the door to her room, walking father down the hall to Madelyn's room.

On the way there Charolette informed me that Madelyn's father was a part of the council, it allowed both her and her brother to act freely with little consequences because they were always covered up the next day.

Charolette knocked on the door, her hands clasped together in front of her while she looked down at her slippers.

"We don't have to stay for long, just tell me when you want to leave," I told her, trying to calm her nerves. Charolette didn't like being around people for a long period of time before she began to fall into a sort of shell where she grew quiet and too scared to tell anyone.

"Thank you," she said at the same time Madelyn opened the door.

"Glad you decided on coming" Her hair was in a ponytail, another girl only this one being a redhead leaned against the door frame with a red lollipop in her mouth.