▪ Chapter 26 (When Metal Bends) ▪

(A/N: Lots of things are about to go down! Hope you enjoy! Some of your wishes will be granted here (No, not the killing Hisako one-))

     "So, his legs are....." the nurse struggled for words. "Well, do you want the bad news or the good news first, Sir?"

     Aizawa sighed as he looked at his tired students. Oddly, the teacher looked the least tired out of the group. 

     Katsuki was the only person still wide awake. His body was covered in bandages, covering bruises and cuts, but he refused to relax. 

     "Good news," Aizawa replied, rubbing his hands against his forehead. The group needed some- any- good news. 

     "Good news," she smiled suddenly. "We have grabbed the best healer in Japan to help him."

     She sighed shortly afterwards, "And a mix of both good and bad. His legs are horribly damaged. I won't go into too much detail, but we can talk later privately about the specificity of the wounds."

     She flipped the paper on her clipboard, "And you are the guardian of this child?"

     Aizawa shook his head, "His mother couldn't make it."

     Inko was taken into custody about the involvement of her husband being the world's greatest threat. The officers wanted to question Izuku, too, but he was already long out. So, they didn't have a choice but to ask later. 

     Her eyes brightened, "Oh, and the healer states thus: 'Legs are already limited with movement from accident found in history files. However, because of the new damage, repairs will be able to have complete movement again'."

     A doctor appeared from a room, eyes gray but shining, "Yes, it's true. He'll be able to move his legs fully again."

     Katsuki almost blew up the hospital right then and there with the excitement radiating off of him, but his brain drew the question he said aloud, "How?"

     The doctor sighed with a low chuckle, "I know it's weird. Just try and understand the analogy.

     "When a... when a metal liquifies, and cools in a new shape, it cannot be repaired unless you start over with the heating. This was similar to Izuku's legs. His legs thus had limited movement. It could not be healed unless it was amputated. But, when the cooled metal is heated up again, it can be reformed to its normal state. This being similar to when Izuku's legs shattered, the metal was able to heat up.... Does that sort of make sense...?"

      Katsuki nodded, feeling it sort of click in his mind. However, he didn't really care for understanding it completely. His mind was too focused on Izuku being able to walk again without damaging himself further.

. o O o . 

     It had been two weeks. Two weeks since Izuku had been healed, and Izuku was stumbling through the halls like a child trying to walk. 

     However, he was laughing like a maniac, "Kacchan, stop it!" He shouted, though his voice held no actual want of him to stop, when Katsuki caught up with him again and gave him a bone-crushing hug.

     The night Izuku woke up, he was sobbing into Katsuki's chest, crying about how much he was sorry for making Hisako feel so bad. How much he hated that she hated him. But, a week of physical and mental therapy, and he was somewhat doing better. Especially his legs. He was able to run without feeling pain now, but he still stumbled.

     The two had been running around the roomy hospital, chasing each other to practice Izuku's running. Then, when Katsuki catches up, he would swallow Izuku into a hug.

     "Kacchan, this isn't fair! You got to walk your whole life," Izuku whined, then his eyes showed stars. "Let's get ice-cream!"

     Katsuki rolled his crimson eyes, but he complied nonetheless. The couple was always stealing ice-cream from the cafeteria, even though they weren't supposed to. 

     Their life in the hospital seemed to hide the facts of real life. Hisako was now out there with the most wanted villain alive. Not to mention, the nuptial cups disappeared a few days ago from the backyard. Inko was released form her custody, and she was put back home. Izuku had been questioned, but the questioned were odd, and the officers seemed bored. Class 1-A healed nicely after the battle, and was now taking regular classes again without Hisako. 

     Mina kept her promise, and she begged Aizawa constantly about going to the beach. She had popped in yesterday and told the two that she knew he was close to agreeing to it because she was driving him crazy.

      Katsuki had been coming every day after school to visit Izuku. Izuku was going to be released soon enough, but they just kept him longer than usual to monitor his leg movements.

. o O o . 

     "Izuku!!" Mina greeted happily when Izuku came to campus that day with a small stumble. He was invited to the school again by Aizawa, and Izuku was glad to visit the class again. 

     Katsuki was right as his side when he saw him, helping him walk by clasping their hands together. 

     Izuku turned the slightest shade of pink even though they have been doing this for days already. 

     "Oh, Izuku! I forgot to tell you!" Mina shouted, fumbling over he words. "Sensei said that you were able to go with us for the beach trip. Yes, I know, I know. I was able to convince him finally."

     Eijiro made his way over with Denki trailing along. He was laughing, "You should have seen it. All it took was telling Yamada sensei. Then, he wanted to go, and Aizawa sensei couldn't say no. It was so hilarious to see."

     Mina nodded her head along, "It's going to be so fun!"

     Shoto sighed, "All you did, Ashido, was take away more valuable time to practice our quirks."

     Mina smirked, "Well, you can practice on not drowning! How great is that?"

     Shoto managed to spare a small smile. Her positive energy rubbing off of everyone.

     Izuku's smile seemed to shine, "Kacchan! We're going to the beach!"

1015 Words