Chapter Ten - Anxiety

Twilight picked up Wild's body, having it lean against his back as he struggled to climb back down the large mechanical beast, trying not to drop the little hylian hero. Tears rolled down his cheeks, his hands and clothes were stained with his companion's blood. He finally made it to the ground, running as fast as his legs could move across the hot and Sandy desert. Blood dripped from Wild's wound and stained a crimson trail along the ground. He sprinted towards the Town in the distance. He finally arrived at the entrance, his vision was blurred with his tears. "Please..someone..help! I don't care if you don't allow men, the Hero of Hyrule is..he needs help..!" the taller Link pleaded, trembling as he stared at the Gerudo in horror. The anxiety had been getting worse and worse, making it harder for him to breathe properly.

"Sir, we can't allow you inside-"

"What the hell do you mean?? You can't even make an exception for-"

"Do not raise your voice at us, Voe!" One of them glared, crossing her arms.

"I swear to Hylia if you don't-"

"What's all the commotion?" A certain higher pitched female voice called out.

"Ah, this man is trying to get in, but we didn't allow him. He's claiming he needs help for-"

Riju looked up at the two guards and crossed her arms. "Link worked alongside Lady Urbosa herself, pay some respect to her dear acquaintance!" She scolded as she ran towards Twilight. "What happened.? It's that same beast that..took the champion of Naboris, isn't it?"

"Yes, please! The beast is gone but it hurt Wild a-and-" Twilight panicked but was soon interrupted by the young leader. "Sir, It's too late..Link is gone." She muttered, looking down as her eyes watered a bit. "What..? No no..he'll be okay..yes, he'll be fine..he just needs to..g-get cleaned up..!" Twilight protested as the girl sighed. "I'm sorry..he fought bravely..and Gerudo Town will honor him for the rest of time." Riju said softly, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. Twilight immediately pulled away and shook his head rapidly.

"No..you're making it seem like he's dead..he's..he's not dead, he's okay! Wild..t-talk and show her you're okay..!" He begged, as he moved his friend to now be holding him in a bridal position. He shook him gently. "W-Wild prove her wrong..! Please! You're o-okay!"

"Sir..I'm sorry but-"

"No..no no! I'll find someone else..yeah! I refuse.. I'm not letting him go! I won't ever let him go!" He practically screamed as he ran off to find a different village or stable. Anxious to find anyone that could possibly help. He was too in shock to register that it was far too late to rescue his friend. "This isn't real..you're okay.. we're safe.. c'mon, w..we never did that shrine..let's try again..L-little hero..?"