⤷ christmas special pt.2

another gift from me to you.
merry late christmas<3

𝑔𝒾𝒻𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔

𝑔𝒾𝒻𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔

"ARE YOU READY?" Mizuki stood in her bedroom, staring at the large wall-to-ceiling mirror she and her soulmates had installed when they first moved in. It was the same mirror she used to check how she looked and the same mirror her soulmates used to torment her endlessly when they were bare and covered in glistening sweat. Lovely times.

"Mhm," she hummed, patting down the leather skirt she was wearing. On her legs were translucent tights, and a pair of knee-high boots comfortably cushioned her feet. An oversized beige jumper was tucked into her skirt, and Mizuki paired the whole outfit with a large coat to keep her warm.

"You're still wearing that crap?" Kuroo questioned, walking into their bedroom.

Mizuki already knew what he was talking about. Silver charms glinted under the lights.

"Hey, it's not crap," she defended softly. "I love it." Mizuki raised her right hand, gently tracing the jewellery on her wrist.

"But it's old. We could buy you a new charm bracelet."

"You all got this for me on our first Christmas together." A precious smile spread across her face as fond memories returned once more to her mind. "I'll never get rid of it."

Through the mirror, Mizuki's eyes darted over to Kuroo's own wrist. He was still wearing the bracelet she got him for his birthday.

"Ugh! Mom!"

The two looked up as Megumi barged into the bedroom, groaning. Her footsteps were muffled by the fluffy slippers she wore, blue hearts printed over the pink fabric. It was a gift she got on her birthday, and Megumi constantly wore them. She moved to the bed and flopped onto it, burying her face into the comfortable blankets that smelt like home.

"What's up, munchkin?" Kuroo asked.

"This girl in my class keeps asking me to go out with her."

Mizuki rose a brow, turning her attention onto her daughter. "Why don't you go see her?"

They watched as Megumi shot up, a horrified look on her face. "She has the personality of a cardboard box!" she yelled, throwing her hands up. "You could lock me in a room with her for three years, and she would not say anything intelligent! I mean- I could get more action watching paint dry. Not acrylics that dry in a few minutes. No." Megumi stared them dead in the eye. "Oil paint."

Amusement ran through their veins.

"Lovely," Mizuki said, fixing the collar of her jumper. "Just make up an excuse."

Kuroo shrugged. "Or reject her flat out."

"But then she'll stop texting me." Megumi pouted, and it reminded Kuroo and Mizuki of Bokuto when he went into his 'emo owl mood'. She sat up, facing her caring parents, and added, "I like the attention."