I Can Break the Swatter

"Please, Miss Belle, mind your manners in the future." A boy said while looking at her disapprovingly.

"I'm s-sorry, I was just-" Pink Fluff Ball was up with her antics again. I watched the show in entertainment, but after hearing that phrase, I sighed and stepped in.

"Lord Bananshel. I am very sorry for my acquaintance's lack of etiquette. Truly, I apologize in her stead. I hope you can forgive her transgressions." I grasped Pink Fluff Ball's hand and held it tight, so tight that she winced. So. Annoying. I thought while curtsying.

"...It is no problem, Lady Novea." He frowned but told me that anyway. Ahhh, I love power. I thought as I continued smiling.

"I still wish to give you a small gift. Will you accept?" I asked, and he nodded. Getting a gift from an influential figure is very beneficial. I mused while mumbling, [ମୋର ଆବଶ୍ୟକତା ଏବଂ ଇଚ୍ଛାକୁ ଡାକ, ଏବଂ ମୁଁ ତୁମକୁ ମୋର ମନ ସହିତ ପୁରସ୍କୃତ କରିବି, ଏକ ଶୁଦ୍ଧ ହୀରା, ବିଶୋଧିତ ଏବଂ ପଲିସ୍, ବଡ଼ ଏବଂ ଚକଚକିଆ] A giant diamond appeared and floated above my two cupped hands, and I smiled. Grabbing it with one hand and studying it carelessly, I walked to him and put it into his outstretched hand.

"A 3,000 carat diamond, for you, Lord Banashel." I curtsied and then forcefully dragged Pink Fluff Ball out.

"Wow! As expected of the flower of society..."

"Lady Novea is so generous, a 3,000 carat diamond...!"

"For a commoner, she gave someone that precious diamond... truly selfless..."

I just chuckled as I moved away. Since I know the molecular composition of a diamond, it was easy to replicate one. And diamonds might seem big and sparkly, but the structure of their molecules is so boring. Creating that small stone only took a twentieth of my mana.

When we got far enough away from the throng, I let Pink Fluff Ball go and had a very murderous expression on my face. But, because the heroine was so dense, she didn't notice my annoyed and peeved expression and just looked at me like I was crazy. "Alice! How could you just give such a big diamond away to him! You could use it to fund an orphanage for years!"

I just covered my face with my hand and sighed tiredly, veins popping out of my forehead.. I swear, if she wasn't such a good fly swatter, I would have killed her ages ago.

"Listen, Aveline, I'll have you know that I was saving your ass back there. If you had not spoken so improperly towards the count's son, this never would have happened in the first place. And that little stone? It is quite easy to fabricate it with creation magic. So for me, that stone means nothing. I fund countless orphanages already in my duchy, you have no right to criticize me. You just go into it a few times and bring bread and cake for them. You do nothing for them besides give them a faint hope. I lift them out of slums and provide them shelter, a decent education, and a steady food and water supply." I snapped. She looked at me in shock and them crocodile tears started flowing out of her eyes. Again. I'm sick and tired of her tantrums.

"I am done. If you wish to cooperate with me to seduce the prince, then please do so without annoying me." I finished and strode away. Whatever. Fly swatters can always be replaced. If I break them, I can fix them or throw them away. There's no big deal. So if she annoys me again, I'll just kill her cleanly and make her and her family disappear. It won't affect me or my reputation.

----

It was summer vacation. Well, kind of summer vacation. Unlike the summer vacations on Earth, this one only lasted for a month, since school started in spring. I was quite sad when I heard about that tidbit of information, but at least I didn't have to socialize anymore and keep up that annoying front.

Little Al came to pick me up. I was so happy, but I could never pounce on him like I did usually when others were watching me. So I just nodded and got into the carriage.

When the doors closed, however, I hugged him tightly and squealed. "Little Al! Little Al! I've missed you so much! Ahhh, everyone else is trash compared to you! Little Al!" I rubbed my face against his and peppered him with kisses. His reaction instantly warmed heart, and my annoyed feelings melted as if it didn't exist in the first place.

I laid down on his lap. Summer vacation is already getting better and better. I'm sure that when I get home, everything will be perfect.

----

"Ali, you are going to get engaged."

"WHATTTT???"