Chapter 51: Theo

** are direct lines from the Deathly Hallows. I do not own rights to these words.
_______________________________________

"Shit."

Theo ducks just in time to escape the misplaced hex from some shapeless shadow. He falls to the ground behind the rubble of what used to be part of the outdoor courtyard.

One minute.

Two minutes.

He braves himself to raise his head above the pile of debris and sees no one close. Shadows, flashes of magic, and voices can all be seen a distance away.

Where the battle is taking place.

He is nowhere near it though.

Theo rises off of the ground, and sits with his back against the large pile of stone.

You're fine Theo boy, you're fine.
It has to be over soon.

The fighting has been going on for far too long. Much longer than he thought a battle would ever go. Not that he had any experience in war, but his books made them seem quicker, more complex. To him it seems like a bunch of people running around trying to hurt each other, or get away from being hurt.

As he tries to gain control over his breathing to keep his vision from going, and his body from shaking uncontrollably, he notices that is all he hears.

All the noise, and screams, and curses have stopped out of nowhere.

Just stopped.

There is no in between.

This doesn't seem right.

But what the bloody hell does he know? He has never been in a battle before. And even after the Dark Lord told everyone to stop, to give them one hour. Out here, in the courtyard people did not listen. Small attacks have been happening continuously. Keeping him from advancing. From getting to her.

This was a first, if he even could classify hiding in corners, and trying to stay out of anyone's line of fire being a part of a battle.

He had done a very good job of staying out of this whole damn war up until this point. He had his own war he recently won the upper hand on. Theo just found some semblance of complacency and peace. No way in hell was he opening himself to more stress, and evil if he could help it.

The world is still quiet around him.

Heavily quiet.

And for some reason, it feels worse.

It feels wrong.

Battle's aren't quiet.

Ends are quiet.

The Order has to win. They have to. There is no way this...

"Harry Potter is dead."**

Oh shit...

Theo pushes himself against the large stones as hard as he can as he listens to the chill-inducing voice of Voldemort pronouncing their victory.

With each word his chest caves in more, and more, and more.

He can't do this right now. He can't. If... If this was over, and the Dark Lord really won, then he needed to find Draco.

He needed to get to Narcissa.

It's actually over... and... and good didn't win.
How do we get out of this one Draco?

"Harry, HARRY!"**

Theo squeezes his eyes shut as he hears The Chosen One's girlfriend scream louder than any of the other voices starting to rise.

His skin goosebumps at her voice, and he catches himself grinding his teeth together as he brings his hands up over his ears to drown out the horrible sound.