Chapter 71. Sixth Year Christmas, Part II ☾

A/N: Merry Christmas guyss hope you all have a great Day :)

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

Black smoke billowed out from the oven.

"Sirius, what time did you put the mashed potatoes on the stove?" Harry asked, cutting up cucumbers.

The animagus scowled. "Stove? I put them in the oven."

"The oven?" Hermione's eyes popped. "Then where'd you put the turkey?"

"In the fridge."

Remus' mouth dropped open. "Then what did you do with my pie?"

"You mean," Sirius furrowed his brow, "it's not supposed to go on the stove."

Draco and Severus just stared at each other, shaking their heads. When Sirius had arranged for the Black Christmas dinner to be at Hogwarts, he may have gotten a little over-zealous. He immediately told the gang he wanted it to be authentically muggle for Ted's sake, meaning no house-elves and everything made with electronic appliances. As soon as the pre-meal planning had ended, Draco and Severus had a meeting of their own.

"I'm really glad you agreed with me, Uncle Sev," Draco said, handling Severys. The snake slithered up his neck and around his bicep. "Dobby's eyes almost bugged when he saw the order I had for the house-elves. I almost feared he'd take on the entire task himself to appease the great Harry Potter."

Severus rolled his eyes. "You couldn't have asked one of them to take some of your girlfriend's Polyjuice? I'd pay good galleons for one of those elves to pretend to be me for an hour or two today."

"Dora'd notice."

"Not soon enough," Severus said, shaking his head.

"You have to meet Aunt Andy and Uncle Ted some time."

"Yes, at the wedding."

Draco's eyes widened. "There's going to be a wedding?" Severus slipped his hand into his robe pocket and pulled out a small, black box. "You're going to be my cousin?"

"Let's not think of the logistics right now," Severus said, sighing as he placed the box back in his robe. "Besides, it's only if she says yes."

"She'll only say yes if she knows you put the time and effort into asking her dad," Luna said, leaning in to kiss Severys on the head.

"Miss Lovegood, what are you doing here?" Severus asked.

She shrugged. "Enjoying the view."

"I invited her," Harry said, walking into the living carrying a salad bowl. He leaned over and kissed her hair.

"And me, not that it matters," Neville said, sitting down on the settee.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Stop being a drama queen, Nev."

"Just saying. I existed more in your past life."

"Yeah, well, we weren't so involved in ourselves," Hermione shrugged.

Draco's head bobbed. "That's actually very surprising."

"Well, Hermione and I weren't. Can't say the same for ferret," Harry said.

"I was not that self-involved."

"You created a song. You spent hours in the Slytherin common room practicing it," Hermione said, arms crossed.

"About someone else."

"You composed it. You wrote the lyrics. Then, you refused to let anyone else sing it unless they could do so perfectly."