Chapter 71: Stupid (2)

Walking behind Aizawa, Neji glanced at the man's back with a calculating gaze.

'Aizawa's Favouritism'. That's what he got from the reward, but what's this? Aizawa not only didn't seem to favour him but in fact felt… more distant. 

Though he could guess why. He was supposed to get his favouritism, which he did, however, at the same time, he also got Aizawa's disapproval when he killed the villains, even if indirectly. So did the two cancel each other out? Most likely, but there is a chance that the disapproval is now winning the fight. That much Neji could tell from Aizawa's indifferent expression.

Neji didn't know what to make out of this. Walking towards the Principal's office, he was still planning on how to escape the police, and what he should do after that.

Become a villain? That's the best possible path left in a situation where Police would be after him. Honestly, it wasn't that bad of a deal either. He would certainly miss his family, his harem, but he would have Kurai with him. In the end, he would be able to grow much stronger by killing actual people, as much as he was uncomfortable with it. He got 5 billion exp from Muscular, and 3 billion from this quest, after all.

Moreover, 'sudden quests' give more XP than these 'story quests', basically the ones that happened in Canon. In that case, by running around by himself, he would gain more XP in a short period. It all didn't seem that bad of a plan...

"We are here."

Aizawa's voice brought him back to the door in front of him. Nejire wasn't with him, he was only here with Aizawa, and from his <Echolocation> he could tell that Nezu was alone. It won't be hard to escape from here, even if Aizawa cancelled his quirk. 

The door opened by themselves sensing the two presence and Aizawa stepped inside.

"We are here, Principal."

Neji stepped behind him and saw the overgrown mouse from his Welcome Letter jump down from his office table.

"Ah. Please, come in, Aizawa-san and Neji-kun."

It was rare to use honorifics nowadays, but the mouse still used them. Aizawa simply walked in without any sound and Neji followed after a nod. He might have fucked up, but it didn't hurt to be civil.

Nezu, the mouse, jumped in on the couch and motioned the other two to sit on the other side. 

"It's a pleasure to have you here, Neji-kun."

Neji sat down. "The pleasure is mine, though I would have appreciated if this meeting were to be held at a later time."

Nezu sighed softly. "Yes indeed, you just fought with your life on the line, I understand, but this is important enough for me to call you here right now."

Nezu took out a small box and presented it in front of Neji and Aizawa, who was sitting beside Neji. 

The lid opened and showed three small bottles laid inside. Two of them were broken, it was just pieces of glass, but one was intact, though all of them were empty.

The Health Potion bottles.

"Do you recognise them?"

Neji frowned at this. Why did this feel like an interrogation?

—★—

"Do you recognise them?"

Do I? Of course. Do I be honest with them? Well, Aizawa already saw me drinking them, so there is no reason to hide the fact.