Chapter 23 - Eating Her Words

Nora had a mask, goggles, and surgical cap on, so she was totally covered from head to toe. No one could see what she looked like at all.

Therefore, none of them saw the mocking smile at the corners of her lips.

She really didn't expect her younger sister to be this shameless.

Had it been before, she might have considered being a little nicer, but now…

Nora suddenly smiled and said, "Oh, so you're Nora Smith?"

She had deliberately lowered her voice, which made her voice, which was already deep, sound even deeper as if she had a sore throat.

As soon as she said that, the whole operating room suddenly fell silent. Everyone, including Dr. Larson, looked at Angela.

Angela's smile froze, and a cold sweat broke out on her forehead.

Did that damned fatty actually sign off the email?

Dr. Larson's expression turned sullen and he asked, "What's the meaning of this, Angela?"

Angela braced herself and started to make up a story. She said, "I'm sorry, Professor Anti, Dr. Larson. I was afraid that Professor Anti would reject my request, so I was too embarrassed to use my real name and ended up using my sister's."

Dr. Larson's expression mellowed. "I see."

Gee.

All of her sister's ingenuity had been put into use here instead.

Nora cast her eyes down. As she walked to the operating room, she asked seemingly curiously, "How did you get hold of my email address?"

Angela, who had just heaved a sigh of relief, was bewildered.

Why would anyone ask about this? Besides, her aunt was the patient. Her claim that she had sent the email made logical sense, so there was no need to press the issue at all.

She wiped off the perspiration that had formed on her forehead again and stammered, "I… I asked a friend for it."

Nora continued her questions as if nothing had happened. She asked, "Can you tell me what my email address is?"

Angela abruptly stood still, the exposed parts of her face already pale.

Her reaction was too telling.

A red-faced Dr. Larson reprimanded, "What's the matter with you, Angela? Were you the one who sent the email or not?"

Angela could only tell the truth. "N-no, it wasn't me."

Having reached the doors to the operating room, Nora opened them. Before entering, she heard Dr. Larson shouting angrily behind her,

"To think you could bring yourself to say something like that in order to observe the operation! A student of poor character and upbringing like you is not worthy of observing Anti's operation. Get out!"

In the operating room.

Irene clenched her fists nervously as she laid on the cold bed and stared at the ceiling.

She turned her head toward the door when she heard it opening. When her gentle eyes met the doctor's, she swallowed nervously.

She knew that she would probably die on the operating table today.

A 10% success rate was too low.

Just as a wry smile appeared on her lips, the doctor suddenly came over. In a low voice, she said, "I'm Anti, Aunt Irene. Go ahead and sleep. When you wake up, you'll be all fine."