A Heart That Wavers

ʚ21ɞ

"Hm. I may have lost, but I've still gained something from this. Now everyone's faith in Mariposa will waver. What an efficient break this was. Nooroo, dark wings fall," Gabriel said, de-transforming back to his normal self. "Now, let's get back to work." He started making his way out his lair, confidence beaming through his smirk. He felt like he had achieved something great. The only thing that disrupted his mood was a small, little purple kwami appearing right in front of his face.

"M-Master, what woul- will you do when you get the other Butterfly Miraculous? You wouldn't hurt the other kwami, right?"

"Nooroo, is it your place to care? Of course I wouldn't hurt the kwami. Do I hurt you? Harming the miraculous would do me no good. By combining the two Butterfly miraculouses, I could easily make Ladybug and Chat Noir hand their own miraculouses to me. Then what I desire most will be mine."

Nooroo followed his master out the lair and felt very relieved. He didn't at all mean to hurt Flutter's miraculous, he meant to hurt mentally and emotionally as he did to him. He does not want his sister to go through the same suffering he does. What's more is that Gabriel has no intention to take over the world with their miraculouses. He just wants his wish to come true. Still, he hopes that the heroes will stop Hawk Moth soon.

εїз

Thanks to the hospital being near, Ladybug had brought Juliette there safely while also receiving a free cookie before she de-transformed in a hiding spot. She quickly fed Tikki so that she could get back to the matter at hand.

It was the same for Chat Noir. He had gone back to the empty café where he took a small slice of cheesecake for Plagg and left a note like you did. He immediately rushed over to where you were.

"So we won then? That's great," you said under your breath. You sat up, hands still in handcuffs and legs tied together with a rope. You could hardly believe the reality you were facing right now. You looked up and saw the leftover crowd and police officers looking around, shocked over seeing how Ladybug's power had yet again fixed everything. They started cheering and were rejoicing over winning the fight. Your eyes widened and an overwhelming feeling coursed through your body, but you shook your head to ignore it.

"Mariposa!"

The sound of the two voices calling your name made you lift your head up at once.

"Ladybug, we caught the traitor! Don't worry, she won't be causing anymore harm to the city," the ginger-haired cop said.

Chat Noir had a furious look on his face as he came towards you. You feared that that expression was for you. A million thoughts rushed over your head. Did they think you were a bad person too? Did they not know that it was you who mind-controlled those characters? Do they also hate you for something you didn't do? Your heart started pounding loud again and there was nothing you could do to stop it.

He knelt down beside you and loosened the lasso around your feet, slowly taking it off. He looked at you with his once glaring eyes softening as they showed the genuine concern he felt for you. He slowly opened his mouth, seemingly trying to find the right words to say. It was like he had a lot he wanted to say at once, but a simple "Are you okay?" passed through your ears, calming your unsteady heart. His voice tone soothed you, blocking out all other sounds. He caught your full attention as if only he existed. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you before, but I'm here now. We'll clear everything up, okay?"