forty-eight

Jay's eyes opened slowly as he felt small hands wrapping his waist. He yawned and turned to the other side, seeing Daera sleep as she snored softly.

He smiled and traced her facial features with his thumb, admiring her as he looked at her lovingly. He leaned towards her face before giving a quick peck on her forehead.

She opened her eyes and returned his smile, "Good morning."

"Did you have a good sleep?"

She nodded and sat up straight, stretching herself. He grabbed her arm and pulled her to the walk-in closet, "Let's go."

"What are you doing–"

"This is not what I have in mind," Daera gave her husband a death stare as she watched him warm up. They both were at the park in their sports attire. She wanted to stay in bed and sleep more but he wanted to jog in the morning with her.

"Come on! Weren't you the one who forced me to jog with you in the morning when I was staying at your parents' house? But we didn't get to do it since you sprained your ankle.

"That was a long time ago," she whined and looked around, seeing other people exercise.

"Do you want me to carry you?" He asked. She blushed and started jogging away, "No, thank you."

An hour had passed and they both panted as they looked for a bench to sit. Daera sat down and massage her ankle, tired from all the running.

Jay gulped down his water and put the bottle down before squatting in front of her. He held her ankle and massaged it for her, "Does it hurt?"

She nodded, "Maybe because I rarely exercise so my stamina is quite bad."

Her heart pounded at the sight of him so focused on making sure her ankle wasn't in pain anymore. Her lips curved into a small smile and she ruffled his hair out of the blue.

He flinched in surprise, "What was that?"

"A reward. It means you're a good husband."

"Instead of that, you could probably give me a kiss."

She scoffed and folded her arms, "You can get a kiss if you do something more than just this."

"Like what?" He gave her his full attention. She thought for a while, "Maybe, take me out on dates? Surprise me at work? Nevermind," she said and leaned in for a kiss.

He smiled happily and held her arm to support her from falling.

Daera looked at herself in the mirror as she fixed her clothes. "I just can't wait to see Edlyn's second child. Jake wanted a daughter and he got one. She wanted a son and now she got one," she spoke.

Jay who was sitting at the edge of the bed stood up, walking towards her. He stood behind her and grabbed a hair tie before turning her hair into a simple bun.

She sighed heavily as she kept her composed posture but her heart was going to explode at any moment.

I never knew he could be this romantic?!

Oh my God, he's going to be the death of me.

She turned around and he immediately pulled her into his embrace. She rested her cheek against his chest, "Jay, do you want kids?"

"Of course! It would be so nice to have mini us running around the living room."

"When do you want to have them?" She asked and let him lead her to the bed. He sat at the edge and she stood between his legs.

"We can have them whenever you want. It's your body anyway so I should respect whatever time that is suitable for you," he assured her.

She watched as he went to the mirror to fix his hair. She had lots of questions in her mind that she was afraid of the answers to.

Will this romantic side of him last forever?

Or will we just be the couple who stop talking to each other after a few children?

He is a busy man and I am a busy woman. We both will have a little time to spend together. Will our relationship break before we both even know it?

The door to Jake and Edlyn's house opened. Jay was about to walk in until a body of a little girl jumped at him. He groaned in pain and fell to the floor.

"Uncle Jay!" Jiah said happily as she tackled him. Edlyn quickly pulled her away, "Sorry about that. Jake accidentally fed her too many candies and now she's too hyperactive."

Daera gasped excitedly when she saw Jake was singing a lullaby to his new son to sleep. He was gently carrying him as he stood near the glass window.

"Is that Jihoon?" She asked happily and looked at the little boy's pouty lips.

Jake let her carry Jihoon and smiled as he watched her cooed at his son. She examined his baby features properly, "He looks just like Edlyn. And Jiah looks exactly like you."

They both averted their attention to Jay who was struggling to keep up with Jiah's hyperactive behaviour.

"Should we help him?" Daera asked. Jake shook his head, "No, I'm too tired. I shouldn't give her too many candies."