17 | the gate to madness

Y/N REMAINED HELPLESSLY in the hands of the villain. She couldn't believe she thought that she was about to die when it was all part of his plan. Wolfram used her hero virtues to tear both of them apart.

"The villains are fake." she heard the familiar scientist, David Shield, said, "It was all supposed to be an act."

"Of course it was a performance." Wolfram voiced, announcing his arrival. "But the real act was pretending we weren't criminals."

"Y/N!" Melissa and Midoriya's voiced echoed throughout the room, seeing her body wrapped around with metal beside him.

"Ah, yes. She won't be going anywhere." taunted the villain.

"LET HER GO!" Midoriya yelled, activating his quirk only to be held back by the metals that the villain manipulated.

"You'd be smart enough not to resist." he said, "Sam, hand it over." The said man immediately obliged and gave the brief case to the villain much to his companion's terror. "Right, here you go."

"This was your plan? You planned to hand it over all along?" David asked, "And why is L/n being held captive? This wasn't... She wasn't supposed to be involved!"

"You're the one who tricked me professor." replied Samuel, his assistant and scientist, "I've been your assistant for all these years and you let them take our work!"

"We could've had fame and fortune!" the traitor glared at the young genius with hatred burning in his eyes. "You don't know how much it humiliated me to see a young kid not even half my age to ravish it all!"

Y/n, who was now fully awake, knew that he was referring to her and honestly he couldn't blame her. If she was him, she'd be jealous of her too.

"I deserve more! I should be rewarded! Otherwise my career would be a complete waste of time!"

"Don't do this." Y/n said, she could feel her body regaining back energy. "You call yourself a scientist yet you are foolish! Maybe the reason why you aren't successful because you don't deserve any fame or money."

"Shut up!" Samuel roared, his hatred rising to his throat like bile. "Just shut up!"

"You know she has a point." Wolfram chimed in, "As promised, here's my payment." The villain shot the blonde man who's eyes enlarged by his treacherous deed. "No... Why? This isn't part of the plan."

"Hey fuck face!" Y/n yelled catching the attention of the villain who pointed a gun at Samuel. "You have what you want right? I'll come with you without a fight, just leave them alone."

Midoriya's muffled protests could be heard throughout the room along with Wolfram's laughter. "You can't even stand up for yourself. You'll be coming with me, one way or another." The masked villain swung his arm to smack the young genius but she was fast enough to evade it.

"You annoying little shit." Wolfram grabbed her by the hair and slapped his gun to her face which caused blood to run down her nose as Midoriya watched as he squirmed beneath the metals' hold. "Go to sleep." He raised his hand and battered his gun at her jaw which knocked her unconscious or so they thought.

Meanwhile, with the rest of the class. Bakugo gripped his disheveled ash blonde hair tightly, it felt like his head was being teared into halves but that was the least of his concerns.

He stared at his hands as guilt consumed him like a wildfire, burning his heroism to embers. He was supposed to be a hero, the best one, he claimed yet he failed to protect the one person who even attempted to sacrifice herself for his life.