007

It had been a couple weeks since Dave was around Zarena he wasn't trying to avoid her mainly just reduce his feelings so that they could remain friends, he wanted her in his life it just hurt that it wasn't in the way he wanted. For Zarena she didn't really understand why he was avoiding her she just wished that they could have talked it out instead of dealing with it himself, it hurts to be around him to but she was saving herself from what she knew was gonna happen.

"girl snap tf out of it, I bet you ain't even hear what I said," Thea said " I didn't I'm sorry I'm just distracted." Zarena was doing her hair while the rest of the girls were over too. " what you need to do is get over this, been moping around for a whole week c'mon." "ugh I know I just miss him." she sat on her bed and pouted " so call him," said Danica " you the one who said be friends." "Okay but that doesn't mean he can't talk to me or that he has to ignore me." " Nah this too fucking dramatic y'all might as well just fuck, Von said that nigga been hella depressing lately," Asia said putting her two cents in " and he says you should just call him cause that nigga will not make the first move, both of yall mad difficult." all the girls cosigned in agreement " So. you wanna put in your passcode or should I." Thea said holding zarena's phone in her face" cause I would like to get back to getting my hair done." "but-" "nope don't even wanna hear it," Asia said nodding at Thea to do it. 

" waittt not now!" Zarena yelled as she chased them around her room" it's ringinggggg" Zarena grabbed the phone from her before she could hang up she heard his voice through the phone "hello" "shit, um hi" "wassup" " nothing I just wanted to check on you." he was silent for a little, Zarena walked out of the room because they were being so nosy " Dave please." " I know I'm sorry, i- I don't know I just need space." " fuck space, space for what." Zarena was trying not to be angry with him but her emotion was getting the best of her. " Re chill." " No I don't get it, we agreed to talk and you just shut down bro it doesn't-" she sighed catching her breath trying to relax herself " it doesn't make sense and I just want you to explain to me, I would have never said anything if it meant you were gonna push me away." " I don't know what you want me to say." " anything literally just say something." " I'm sorry." "I'm bout to come over cause you tuh" she laughed a little at how mad he made her and he's supposed to be a friend but these are not friend feelings either one of them are portraying " don't do that " " I'm not playing." " Zarena." " David, tf I don't care about what you're saying right now I'm halfway out the door."

She hung up the phone before he could say anything and went back in her room." So what happened," Dani asked, " I'm going over there." "Rena" " No I'm not tryna hear none of that cause he's acting like a fucking kid. I'm just gonna catch yall later." she grabbed her keys and walked to her car when she got to dave's house she double-parked and then walked to his door to knock. " you don't listen." Dave said as he opened the door " you don't either I don't give a fuck." She pushed her way past him and into the house " Why you ignoring me?" " bro just give me time." " WHAT DO YOU NEED TIME FOR." "Yo lower ya voice my daughter is fucking asleep in this house, real shit." "Okay I'm - I'm sorry. I just." She stopped herself before looking at him " I miss you and I'm sorry for what I said I didn't want to cause this I don't want us to be distant. I miss being around you." " I do too." " So what the hell is the problem?" " I don't wanna be your friend, and if we stay friends imma start acting like a dickhead unintentionally so it's better if I just stay away forreal." 

Zarena was ready to slap the shit out of him cause her wanting to be friends was not her way of rejecting him it was a way of protecting herself and in a way this was dave protecting himself, but it was stupid. " That's the dumbest shit I ever heard." " Bro I'm not bout to argue with you about this." " What are we really arguing about tho, you ain't even wanna have sex with me but get butthurt when I say I wanna be friends."  " Zarena don't even go there I explained me not having sex with you and that's what scared your ass into saying you wanna be friends cause you couldn't handle it. You shut yourself down and just expect shit to be normal not everybody works like that bro. I don't even wanna talk about this shit anymore cause we both on the verge of saying shit we ain't gonna be able to take back." Shocked by the way he snapped on her Zarena took it as an invitation to leave " your right I should go." On the ride home dave's words played in Zarena's head over and over, he wasn't wrong she knew she couldn't handle what he wanted, Zarena had never been in a serious relationship. Any guy she'd ever been with she was always playing games because no one ever really took her seriously. It wasn't her fault she didn't know any better.

Zarena walked back into her apartment seeing everyone was still there, " So what the hell happened?" Asia asked seeing that Zarena's face was all messed up " Shit definitely did not go the way I wanted," She threw herself face down on the couch," I think I made it worse." " Aww, we're sorry for forcing you to call him." Thea said as she went to go comfort her friend. "No you know what it's actually okay I needed that, We're going out tonight so I can find myself a new nigga." " Now let's remember my hair is a hot ass mess." Thea said, "ight imma finish this thennn we going out." So a couple of hours later they all got dressed found a club in queens that everyone was talking about and made their way. Everywhere was packed from wall to wall but the girls made their way through the crowd, straight to the bar.

                                                     2 hours later...

12 shots of Henny deep Zarena was in the middle of the dance floor, very drunk but living her best life. Bryan was a guy she was doing shots with invited her to dance so she went because why not. " GIrl 91 fucking 1," Asia yelled over the music to get her attention " whattt I'm dancing" Zarena yelled " Von and them is here." Asia said and pointed to where they were standing. Zarena had 2 options, she could stop dancing with this guy and make the first move or she could be petty and act as if his presence didn't bother her since she was drunk option 2 was the go to. She shrugged her shoulders and continued dancing, across the room Dave took in the scenery mad that he even let them talk him into coming out tonight when he wanted to stay home with his daughter. " Put a smile on your face man look at all the bitches" Herb said getting daves attention " Ain't shit to smile about nigga." " Look there they go" Von said pointing, and of course they brought him around the one person he did not wanna see tonight, as they walked around to go sit with the girls he saw zarena dancing with some nigga. i wonder if she saw me he thought but she probably doesn't wanna see me either.

they went to sit dow everyone said their hello's and then Zarena walked up to all of them, " Heyy guys." trying not to look in Dave's direction she hugged all the guys and went to sit down by Danica. A couple minutes later everyone else was dancing while Zarena sat down feeling a little lightheaded with dave at the bar getting a drink. He walked back to the section seeing Zarena rubbing her head. " You should drink some water," He said getting her attention " I'm good." "Zarena." "David." She said quickly looking up at him, he could sense she was still defensive," Why you gotta be so defensive bro" " I'm just reciprocating your energy boo." " Need to stop with all that attitude shit ain't cute fr." "ain't nobody trying to be cute boy and I could care less about your opinion." He chuckled a little loving that she always had to come back at him even though he was just playing with her. He moved closer deciding to mess with her a little. " You miss me?" He whispered in her ear " Nah don't even start that I'm not even on that type of timing with you." She said as she pushed him away from her " You right, if I say I'm sorry though you gonna answer my question?" " You have nothing to apologize for remember, your feelings were heard and your point was made from now on we on two separate pages." " Stop it." He pulled her closer by her waist " Look I'm sorry ight I miss your annoying ass not gonna lie." " If I'm so annoying I don't know what you miss me for." She looked at him in the eye for the first time tonight and he smiled at her making her face soften a little " if you still down to be friends I'm cool with that." " I guess." " ight then lets get your ass home." " Nooooo, I'm not ready to leave yet," She pushed him a little getting up and walking to dance. "Zarena" He yelled as he walked after her "Come dance with me." She grabbed is hand and started twirling then wrapped her arms around his neck swaying to the slow r&b song. " We leaving after this bro forreal." She nodded her head and he wrapped his arms around her moving with her. They danced for a while enjoying the moment, feeling his drink kick in dave began moving his hands up and down Zarena's body and she wrapped her arms around him pulling him in closer

" Okay c'mon mama let's go." Zarena smiled hearing him call her that again and pulled away following his lead as they left.