55. MAY ROSE AND FAIRY FRUIT

Is it amber, red, or yellow? You can't tell apart; the fiery flames of the bonfire are passionately devouring the wooden logs and try to heave up towards the dimly shimmering sky to taunt the scattered stars. The entire crew is having a feast inside the hotel, but none of them is allowed here.

Manager Sejin is pouring a drink for himself while saying something to Taehyung and he throws his head back, guffawing.

Jimin is sitting right across you, the crackling fire throws a golden shadow on his ethereal face, making him look like a fallen angel. A cherry dangle in Jin's hand as he struggles to say something to Jimin and Yoongi between chuckles, once he finishes Jimin slips off from his seat and rolls on the grass while trying to curb his hearty laughter and in contrast, Yoongi starts to massage his temples with a deadbeat face. Seems like he would seal Jin's mouth forever if he could.

Hoseok is showing some tweets from their fan accounts to Namjoon who is sitting beside you. Though three empty seats between you guys' distance you enough from their conversation you can still see Namjoon imitating a fan and Hoseok furiously slapping his hand over his thigh while laughing like a child at a clown's antics.

Everyone seems happy, infectiously happy.

Looking at their happy faces you internally yearn to mute all your negative emotions for a fleeting moment, so that you can also laugh till your eyes disappear into the crinkles of your skin. But you eventually remember who you are. A mere human, emotions are your master.

You sit back, gazing at the dancing flames and let the waves of obscure sadness soak into your soul. Why do you feel so gloomy? You don't know. What is playing with the strings of your heart? You don't know. How much ever you try, you can't recognize the exact thing that's commanding you to feel this way, but you find a vague solace in this solemn solitude. You try to close your eyes to ease the acute congestion in your chest.

"You look tired, was it an exhausting trip?" Jungkook voice echoes near your ears.

Your eyes meet his doleful eyes.

'Behold, the cause of my misery!'

you want to wail aloud, to everyone around you. Those brown eyes stare back at you, confining all the distress of the world beneath those dark abysses. Just like the way they did when you left with Namjoon to explore the forest this morning.

Receiving no reply from you, he shifts his gaze towards the glass in his hand and swirls it with a little smirk. The ice cubes rattle like your thoughts. He takes a sip of cold whisky and lets the burning sensation glide down his throat, you continue to stare at his side profile while trying to string your scattering thoughts together.

"Why did you do that?" your sudden question startles him.

"What did I do?" he asks with genuine surprise; his doe eyes stretch a bit.

"You know what you did, don't play me!" your voice sounds monotonous, despite those clashing emotions.

He thinks for a minute and a solemn smile tug at his lips when the realisation hits him.

"Why do you look so pissed? I thought you'll thank me for what I did. Isn't that what you wanted, to explore the forest with your favourite person?" his hand reaches out to grab the bottle of whisky.

"I asked you to stop assuming things way back, don't decide upon things on my behalf when you don't know shit about me and my feelings. Learn to stay in your lane Mr Jeon!" accumulated anger seems to dissipate along with your words, making them prickly and harsh.

"I'm just playing the role you made me play." He says with a snort, reminding you about your contract and refills his glass with a mockery plastered face.