thirty five

After the darkness of night, Earth's star rose upon the horizon, spreading her gold in every direction, watching as the Empress paced up and down the courtyard, bathing in its rosy glow.

The second she had returned alongside Yuhan, the maidservants had engulfed her into comforting hugs, before orders for a hot bath and a fresh set of robes had been placed.

They had gasped at the scars and wounds inflicted upon her dainty sillohouette, treating it as carefully as they could, prior to scrubbing ferociously at her body, ridding her of the dirt she had compiled from staying in the dingy cell.

After she had been cleaned up, and fed till her belly was sore, Jangmi had disappeared off to the courtyard, dutifully awaiting her husbands' and the boys' return.

It was not just her who was anxious. Yuhan too could not help but let his eyes flicker up to the gateway every few minutes. It had been hours since he and the Choi girl had escaped.

Where were they?

Suddenly, the approaching sound of horses, made everyone present in the courtyard look towards the main entrance of the Imperial Palace. It was as though thunder itself was coming. And it was.

Beongae marched proudly into the cheers and joyful shouting of the attendants, his owner with the smallest of smiles, tired, but still glad. He was followed by Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook all grinning, blood littering their faces, but they paid no heed to it.

Jangmi could not describe the feeling in her heart at the sight of her husband. He was alive, unscathed. He jumped off his horse and the girl found herself running, gathering the skirt of her hanbok as she flew into his arms, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"You're alive," She whispered. "You're alive, thank God,"

Although initially surprised at her endearing actions, the Emperor snaked his arms around her waist, nuzzling his nose into her neck.

"Only for you I am alive" He murmered softly.

"Only for you,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

they're making progress...