Chapter 33 - He Knows Now

Nora didn't expect to meet the man's family here. At the sight of the gratitude on the woman's kindly countenance, she replied unhurriedly, "I'm here to visit relatives."

Lawrence stepped forward hesitantly and asked uncertainly, "Mrs. Anderson…?"

A smiling Melissa did the introductions. "It's alright now, Mr. Zimmer! This is the kind young lady that saved my husband's life during the emergency yesterday!"

Lawrence looked at Nora in surprise and asked, "You're medically trained?"

Nora raised an eyebrow. It seemed like Lawrence hadn't taken what she said the day before seriously?

During their conversation, Justin, who heard their voices from inside the ward, came out. Upon seeing Nora, he paused for a moment. Then, he asked, "Are you the one who saved Uncle Simon?"

The look in his eyes as he watched Nora suddenly became deep and unfathomable, which made one feel as though someone had seen right through them.

Nora didn't know what he was thinking, but since she had bumped into him, she might as well just ask him about the matter. She asked, "Have you given my proposal from yesterday any thought, Mr. Hunt?"

Justin frowned. What proposal?

Nora could tell that he didn't understand what she was saying. She deliberately looked at Lawrence and said a little sarcastically, "Did you not convey my message to Mr. Hunt, Mr. Zimmer?"

As soon as she said that, Justin's displeased gaze fell on Lawrence!

Lawrence wiped the beads of perspiration off his brow and swallowed hard. He looked at Justin and explained, "Yesterday, Ms. Smith said that she can treat the elderly Mrs. Hunt's illness."

But after he said that, he couldn't help but add, "Even if you really are medically trained, Miss Smith, you likely picked it up during the five years you spent abroad, so your medical experience is rather short. I've asked about Mr. Anderson's condition; his operation is considered one that's within a reasonable scope of difficulty. But do you know what Mrs. Hunt's condition is?"

Nora raised an eyebrow and replied coldly, "How would you know whether I can do it or not if we don't give it a go?"

At once, Lawrence said, "Dr. Anti is currently the only person who's capable of performing her surgery. An inexperienced doctor like you who's new to medical trainin—"

"Shut up."

Justin's rebuke made Lawrence flinch. After that, Justin stepped forward and stared at Nora and asked, "When will you be free, Miss Smith? It's not advisable to transfer the patient, so we'll have to head to New York."

So, she'd even have to go over to New York…

As expected, it really was very troublesome.

Then again, he had agreed even though she hadn't revealed her identity yet? That man certainly was a little narcissistic, but he was also pretty considerate, wasn't he?

For the very first time, Nora didn't find him as much of an eyesore. She thought for a moment and replied, "Let's do it two days later."

She needed to observe her aunt's condition for another two days.

Justin nodded. In a deep and mellow voice, he said, "I'll take care of the itinerary. Do you have any requests?"

It was a five-hour flight from California to New York.

Nora thought for a moment and lazily made her request: "I have to sleep during the flight, so just make sure it's quiet."

After she spoke, she turned around to leave. However, Justin suddenly stopped her. "Miss Smith. Why did you change your mind and agree to help?"