Chapter 42 - Mommy, Save Great-Grandma!

The place was in chaos. The sound of doctors and nurses administering emergency medical treatment could be heard coming from the room.

"Mom!"

"Grandma!"

"Great-Grandma!"

Justin's uncle's family burst into tears. All of them were crying and they acted as if they were terribly sad.

"Shut up!" Justin barked fiercely, causing their sobs to stop abruptly. Justin's second uncle, Raymond Hunt, immediately said reproachfully, "Never mind if you're not crying because you're cold-blooded, Justin. Why are you forbiddi—"

Justin shot him a glare and snapped, "Grandma isn't dead!"

Raymond was so frightened by him that the words he was about to utter became stuck in his throat. His family also gradually stopped crying.

Justin pressed his lips together and stared hard at the ward.

Pete's tiny body started to tremble. Even someone like him who was usually clever and quick-witted for his age was at a loss now. As if sensing his panic, Justin placed his large warm hand on his shoulder.

Pete gradually calmed down. When he turned to the side, he immediately saw Justin looking down at him from above. Justin's voice was rich and mellow as he said, "Don't be scared, Pete."

Pete's eyes reddened again and he nodded.

Nora had already walked over to the ward by then. She glanced at Pete. When she was on the plane, because she needed to sleep, she had stayed inside her room with Cherry the whole time and hadn't interacted with Justin and his son.

Now that she was observing him so closely, she realized that his physique really was very similar to Cherry's.

When she wanted to observe him a little more, the sounds in the ward caught her attention.

When Justin noticed that she didn't enter the ward immediately upon arriving but instead looked at him, his heart sank. Did Anti also think that Grandma was doomed?

His voice was very low. For the first time, there was helplessness and pleading in his voice. He said, "Miss Smith, pleas—"

However, before he could finish, Nora had already retracted her gaze and entered the ward.

Hospital Finest was indeed worthy of its reputation as a renowned hospital in the country. Ranging from their equipment to the doctors, it boasted the best medical conditions in the States. Even the nurses were highly professional.

Everyone moved in an orderly manner as they tried to save the patient.

"Prepare to apply electric shock!"

"200 volts!"

Bam!

"…"

Beep, beep, beep! …Beep… beep…

When her heart finally started beating again, the doctors and nurses breathed sighs of relief.

Nora, however, frowned. She had observed the patient's various data previously…

"Mr. Hunt, the old Mrs. Hunt's body is already at its limit. The cardiac arrest just now has caused multiple organ failures. If she doesn't wake up in time, I'm afraid it'll be life-threatening."

The chief doctor, who was part of the emergency rescue efforts just now, took off her mask, revealing a bright and attractive face underneath. Her voice was calm and steady as she related the patient's condition.