Chapter 49 - Acknowledging Each Other!

Sheena threw a ton of questions to the child's face just to give her 'country bumpkin' niece an opening gambit.

Nora cast her eyes down with a slightly chilly look and kept quiet.

Melissa hurriedly played peacemaker and said, "Sheena, Cherry grew up abroad with Nora. Over there, they value quality education…"

Sheena leaned on the sofa. As though a person in power talking down to her subordinates, she said, "Quality education? It's all a lie. That's just so that they can better bridge the gap. Real aristocrats and the wealthy put their children through strict education from an early age!"

Her eyes were like blazing torches as she looked at Nora. She said, "So, your name is Nora? You're all grown up, so you've already missed the best time and opportunity to study. But rest assured; since you've come to us, on account of my sister, I won't let you roam the streets homeless. I heard that you got yourself pregnant before you were married, right? And that your ex-fiance broke off the engagement? Don't worry, I'll find you a good husband and ensure that you live worry-free for the rest of your life. As for your daughter…"

She looked at Pete and scanned the child up and down. Then, as though she was being charitable, she said, "Although five years old is a late start compared to others, there's at least still hope for her."

Nora had a very cold look in her eyes. She lowered her gaze and then, with a sardonic smile at the corner of her lips, she said, "You don't need to bother. I'll take care of my daughter's education myself."

Cherry's studies were indeed a huge headache. Her daughter had an extremely high IQ, but she was only interested in games and was sloppy in her studies. In particular, her history knowledge had become a huge mess thanks to her aunt abroad…

However, this didn't mean that others could criticize her at will.

"You? Take care of her education matters?"

Sheena said coldly, "What are you going to teach her? Are you going to teach her how to become obsessed with her cell phone and how to play games every day? Are you going to have her be like you and engage in a chaotic private life, and become pregnant before marriage when she grows up?"

"Shut up!" Mrs. Anderson reprimanded Sheena, causing her to curl her lip.

Melissa even frowned and said reproachingly, "Sheena, I know you have her interests at heart, but can you speak in a less hurtful manner?"

Sheena sneered, "I just want her to have a clear idea of the situation she's in! Does she really think it's that easy to be a child of a wealthy family?"

She glanced at the 'girl' who was standing there stubbornly and said, "Not convinced, are you? Fine, I'll show you Lena's progress in her studies and give you a good sense of the gap between the two children! Go on, Lena, tell the big sister here what you're capable of."

Lena Xavier was Sheena's daughter who was born at a later point in Sheena's life. She gave birth to her at the age of forty, so Lena was only six that year.

The little girl wearing a dress was adorable and pretty. When she heard her, she raised her chin and declared proudly, "I know two foreign languages—Spanish and French—and can communicate fluently in them."

Then, she said a couple of lines in the two foreign languages fluently, forming an animated and impressive sight.

After speaking, she looked at Pete triumphantly.

Sheena raised her chin proudly along with her. After Lena was done, she looked at Nora and asked, "I wonder what your daughter is capable of?"

Nora was about to speak when a sullen Pete's lips suddenly parted and he prattled on in a language that no one understood.