64

Bondita saw her Pati Babu's shoulders stiffen as her words reached him. This slight reaction made Bondita want to climb the stairs back up.

" Not everything..." She whispered standing a foot or two away from him " but... I do .. remember... just a...a little..."

Aniruddh felt it was a dream. A bad one. This could not be true. She was not supposed to remember anything. It would just taint her, break her.

" I was running away from the store room... from...him." Bondita shut her eyes for a moment. She knew he hated Chandrachur... maybe even more than she did, if that was possible. She knew how he had broken his bones when he came to know he tried to touch her.
" I...I was so lost Pati Babu, so desperate when he was infront of me. So desperate that...my brain froze. There...was a door... right behind but I couldn't even run. He had not even laid a finger on me but I still was...so... disgusted. I wanted you that moment...so bad that when I heard you calling my name...my whole body...my whole being came back to life...to be with you..."

Aniruddh knew no details and he right now felt sorry that he didn't remember him calling her. He somehow saved her that night and he didn't even remember.
That hurt...

" When I saw you...I couldn't... couldn't stop myself Pati Babu... I just...ran to you...for you to hold me. To believe...that you were there...my...my bhagwan..."

The tears did fall down his eyes as she sobbed the whole while reliving the tragedy but didn't let her know.

" And you...you were looking for me too. You didn't know I was in trouble but you still were looking for me...just because...you wanted to...see me. You don't know Pati Babu...how that made me feel in that moment of despair. The contrast of nature of men and how lucky was I to have the better part. You...you don't know Pati Babu what you... mean to me..." Bondita tried to control her cries a little so she could move on.

" You... picked me up. I remember... faintly that...that you were acting a little different..."

Different ?
His ears perked up. Everything she told him till now, he knew and was expected. Now they were moving to the part which he had imagined and dreamt about a hundred times and all had been haunting.

" I should have known something was wrong but...I think I just lost the time because I don't remember when you placed me on the bed...

He carried her half conscience self to bed ? That must have felt so uncomfortable to her. The narration was getting on his nerves. What all did she remember ?!!!?

"I know now that it was that drug but back then. I was having a headache. I felt like I was slipping through reality. One moment I was in your arms, the next minute on bed. It all seems...like a dream now, unclear. Even back then I wasn't... thinking clearly. All I wanted was to forget...that a man, other than you tried to... And being with you made everything right. Everything." Bondita was feeling uncomfortable and weak in telling the details of her personal thoughts knowing she could be judged and she knew that won't be wrong if he did. They both had been played that night but if one really, really wanted to point fingers, it would be towards her and not him.
He absolutely was at no fault here.

This just made Aniruddh realise how dirty was she treated. What if she lost her senses in that store ?! How must she be feeling having lost control of a clear mind in a situation like that, her on the same bed with him with no ability to weigh the situation. His poor Bondita... He aggressively wiped the tears. They had moved past that but it had left a venomous wound in their lives.

" I... remember..." Bondita closed her eyes lightly to take in a breath. Could she tell him everything ? She had to. And she didn't want to miss a single reaction. " Your fingers...on me. Your...lips..."