𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓

CHAPTER 1: ERIS GETS HAUNTED BY ANOTHER GHOST

"We have a problem and it's name starts with "Nico"

"We have a problem and it's name starts with "Nico"."

   JUNE 3rd, 2008
   NEW ORLEANS
   LAFAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL OF ARTS

   "A BASKET! A WHAT?! A BASKET!" The cheer captain chanted. It was Friday night, the last day of school and the last day of Eris's freshman year. It also happened to be the last basketball game of the year so everyone from school was attending.

Along with the other cheerleaders, Eris stomped her foot and clapped on beat. The cheerleaders along with Eris wore a Black skirt with white lining, with a black long sleeved crop top that had a white outline and the words Lafayette Jaguars on big yellow print.

"We want a basket! A what?! A basket?! For who?! Jaguars! Sh-Sh-Shoot that basket!" Eris and the rest of the cheerleaders chanted loudly. "We want a basket! A what?! A basket!
We want a basket! A what?! For who?! Jaguars!"

Eris and her team finished their cheer with a series of flips and stomps before ending creating cheers from the crowd.

   Next to Eris, her friend, Freddy, panted. "I'm surprised your moms aren't here. They're usually at every game."

   Freddy Jamison had dark skin with tightly coiled hair. In contrast to Eris's 5'8 height, Freddy was 5'4. Her friend was petite, with a heart shaped face, narrow nose, and full lips. She wore liquid black eyeliner that in the end formed small designs like hearts or stars.

   Eris shrugged, "I didn't tell them there was a game tonight," she blushed a bit. "I thought they deserved a night to themselves."

    Freddy rolled her eyes, "You're too nice, Eris Lewis."

   "Whatever."

Suddenly, Freddy looked across Eris's shoulder and smirked. "Don't look now, but Jeremiah's totally checking you out again."

Ignoring Freddy's words, Eris turned only to find Jeremiah Nickels staring at her. He was relatively new to their school, only starting school in January but was already pretty popular. His focus was in dance so Eris saw him pretty often when her dance team had dance practice.

    Jeremiah was a tall, brown-skinned Black boy with a hair that was braided into two short cornrows with his hair faded on the sides. He had dark narrows eyes, high cheek bones and well groomed eyebrows. All in all, he was handsome.