𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒

"I wasn't asking for your permission!"

    JUNE 3rd, 2008
NEW ORLEANS
LAFAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL OF ARTS

ERIS LEWIS DIDN'T GET SURPRISED OFTEN. Bring a demigod and falling into Tartarus changed that. There wasn't much that could surprise her.

But this was different.

Maybe Eris Lewis was cursed? Because it seemed every time one of her siblings died they came back to haunt her?

"Bianca," Eris breathed out in shock. Her body became stiff and rigid. "I..."

    There was so much she wanted to say. She wanted to tell Bianca that she was sorry, that she was still trying to find Nico, that she loved her despite not knowing her for long, how much she regretted not realizing they were related sooner.

   After finding out Bianca was her sister Eris couldn't help but spiral. Sure she and Bianca weren't the closest when she died but the simple knowledge that she had lost another sibling...Eris's heart could barely take it. Sure, it had been months since Bianca's death, Nico's disappearance, Percy's rejection, and cutting off all ties with her father and she was better now than she was before but even Eris had moments of depression.

    Bianca's face softened slightly, "Hi," she said softly, seemingly noticing Eris's rigid body language.

   "B-Bianca, I-I—" Eris sputtered.

    It felt weird to stutter, Eris hadn't stuttered in months but the surprise of Bianca's appearance sent her back to her old ways. She had tried multiple times to summon Bianca's spirit, she even tried to visit Bianca's house in Elysium whenever she went to the Underworld but Bianca never let her in. And now...

    Eris didn't know what to say. It felt like her lips were taped shut.

"I can't stay here for a long time," Bianca said quickly. "Nico is in trouble."

    That snapped Eris out of it. She had been searching for Nico for months. She had tried every where even going as far to lie to her moms about a school trip and having Jules Albert get her a plane all the way to Paris in search for him. Even though she was back in school Eris still looked for him whenever she had time.

"Nico?" Eris asked worriedly. "I haven't been able to find him! I've looked for him for months. No one has seen him—" she said a bit frantically.