𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐎 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃

CHAPTER 3: HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A ERIS SCORNED

"When you don't have to think about it...call upon the UnGodly Hour."

   JUNE 5th, 2008

   ESSENCE 'ERIS' LEWIS WAS TIRED.

   The journey from New Orleans all the way to New York from leaving in the middle of the night was not an easy one. After taking a three hours flight and riding with Jules-Albert for 18 hours with barely any food or water she was exhausted. So yeah...Eris wasn't in a good mood.

"Essence," Chiron said a bit stunned. He cleared his throat. "How are you—"

    "We need to talk," Eris repeated tightly. "As in right now."

   "Essence, this really isn't the best time—"

    "Don't call me 'Essence' it's Eris,"Her eyes practically glared into his soul, "and I don't care. I need to know where the labyrinth is. Now."

Percy couldn't help but notice there was something intense about Eris's eyes. They seemed darker, exhausted, as if haunted.

    "That's exactly why I brought Grover over," Chiron quickly stood. "I figure you three may say to discuss matters. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some Iris- messages to send. I'll see you later in the day." He gave Grover a meaningful look but before he could take a step to leave Eris stepped in front of him.

"I'm serious," Eris said. Her eyes glared into Chiron's. "We need to talk. Privately."

Eris knew it was as rude to be making demands but she didn't have time to care. Bianca wouldn't just show up out of no where if it wasn't important. Nico was in trouble and Eris would be damned if she let it stay that way.

   Chiron paused, "Come along."

    While Jules-Albert took Eris's stuff to the Art Cabin Eris followed Chiron to the Big House where he sat across from her at the table.

    He cleared his throat, "I must say I wasn't expecting your arrival. You haven't replied to any of the letters I've sent. Have you not received them?"

    Every month Chiron sent her a letter. It always contained the same thing. Each letter was about the war and how they needed to start preparing and when she would be returning to camp.

"I have received them," Eris said shortly, sitting across from him. "I just didn't reply."

Chiron seemed a bit taken back, "Why?"