9

3rd POV

Xiao, Venti and Hu Tao walked together down an empty street in silence, no one knew how to start the conversation.

"So...How long have you two been friends?" Venti decided to ask. He's still a little suspicious of their relationship. 

"We met since we were seven!" Hu Tao answered cheerfully.

They've known each other for so long already? Venti bit his lip.

"I still remember when we met, Xiaoxiao-"

"Tao!" Xiao yelled, embarrassed.

"-was so mean to me at first, but after I fixed his favourite Hello Kitty plushie, he followed me around like a puppy and became my friend. Imagine, because of a Hello Kitty plushie." Hu Tao chuckled.

Xiao hit her head lightly and turned away, his ears turning red.

"A-a H-hello Kitty...plushie?! XIAO???" Venti laughed aloud.

"I-I WAS ONLY SEVEN AT THAT TIME, OKAY? I-I-"

Xiao stuttered, trying to find the right words to explain. Venti couldn't help but lean beside him and laugh into his arm.

Hu Tao raised an eyebrow and smirked but said nothing.

They continued walking while chatting and laughing.

After some time, they reached a cliff. It was full of different flowers blooming, a majestic mountain view when you look out. 

"Woah, Venti! This place is awesome!"

Hu Tao ran towards the edge and twirled around, enjoying the breeze that blew past her.

Venti smiled. He pulled Xiao with him and ran towards Hu Tao.

Xiao sighed.

"Be careful." He stated.

Both of them didn't seem to care. Venti sat down and while dangling his legs in midair. 

"Hey! That's dangerous!" Xiao scolded.

"It's alright! I won't fall! You're too paranoid." Venti shook his head.

Venti ushered them to sit down behind him. He turned around and faced them. 

"I've brought my flute!" Venti took it out of the small bag that he carried. "Let me play y'all a song." He smiled.

Hu Tao clapped her hands excitedly and Xiao just stared at him emotionlessly.

Venti brought the flute to his lips and close his eyes. He blew into it softly. 

A beautiful tune came out, the soothing melody made both Hu Tao's and Xiao's eyes widen. It sounded like gentle wind blowing past, ruffling their hair softly, like calming water flowing endlessly. Xiao's has never been so relaxed in his life before. The song was beautiful.

It was still silent after Venti stopped playing, it was like they were in a daze.

"So how was my playing?" Venti asked excitedly.

Both of them snapped back to reality.

"WOAH VENTI, THAT WAS A M A Z I N G." Hu Tao exclaimed.

"I'll have to agree, that was exceptional." Xiao nodded.

Venti smiled wider and scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"I'm not as good as you say!"