chapter 49

Be like a diamond, precious and rare, not like a stone, found everywhere.” –Anonymous

Third person p.o.v

Khalid turned towards her " I am sorry Tesoro " she glanced at him confused but suddenly he pushed her shoulder off the cliff next thing she was flying in the air . Everything happened so fast her body flew in the air " youuuuuuu traaaaaitor….." she was screaming her lungs out. The air was slapping her face while her heart was about to leap out of her chest .

She closed her…. waiting for the worst , the next moment her back slammed the water knocking the air out of her body .

"Jannat" Khalid whispered dreamily , staring at the ceiling for an hour .

It's been two days since they saved those girls but he couldn't forget that one girl scared in the corner looking so fragile and delicate .

" You can trust me, come with me, " Khalid offered his hands .

Jannat glanced at his face then at him , she looked scared, terrified to the core of course the way all the girls survived who knows what must have happened to them , slowly steadily she moved her hand to his .. just like in the movie .

The moment their hand clasp , Khalid's heart thudded in his chest , it was a foreign feeling to him . His mother always taught him that other girls are non Mahram( strangers) to him , he should never touch  them and lower his gaze out of respect and obedience of Allah Subhana wa ta'ala and he always did until now .

In this moment he was captivated by her beauty , her innocent baby face .

Slowly they both stood up , Khalid took off his jacket and wrapped it around her , she looked up there gaze met and he froze at the moment .

She looked down uncomfortable…. " Thanks " she barely whispered .

" Are you done dreaming about her? " Sayra jumps on the bed beside him, taking him out of his trance .

The smile is replaced by annoyance …

" Don't you have a husband? " he turned lying on his stomach facing her .

" Yes and the best one " Sayra put hand on her cheeks dreamily .

" Then go and disturb him " he slapped her face with a pillow .

" Ow "

" You idiot, " Sayra slapped back.

But the smile on his face wasn't going .

Sayra smiles at his brother's behavior .

" Is she really that pretty ?" Sayra inquired with a teasing smile .

" Like an angel, "  Khalid replied dreamily .

" Aww …. My brother is in love " Sayra pushes her shoulder slightly to his .

" What love Daisy? Khalid sighs again, laying straight on his back .

" I might never see her again " he was sounding upset.

" You didn't ask her address " she raised her eyebrows.

Khalid gave her a look " seriously Daisy seriously "

'' how insensitive are you " Khalid frown " she is a victim of human trafficking , she was terrified , miserable and you think I will ask her number " he shook his head disappointed .

" Yeah sorry " Sayra realized her mistake.

" Is she okay ??" Sayra asks, feeling sorry for that girl .

" She was miserable Daisy…. " Khalid mumbled remembering her distraught face.

" She was so scared…. Fragile….. I cannot imagine what she must have gone through, in fact all the girls " Khalid sat up, so did Sayra, listening to him carefully .

" Hats off to Hamza bhai , he is doing a great job saving those girls from hell "

A proud smile appeared on Sayra's face " whose husband is he " she flipped her hair dramatically .

"Yeah … " he rolled his eyes, pushing her off the bed .

" Owwop.. " Sayra fell thud .

Silence…

" Loser " She mutters in pain .

Khalid laughed .

" This is going to be the biggest mission " Humza said in the conference room filled with the police officers .

" Those girls we saved gave us some information about the insight of this gang " Humza switched on the projector showing two faces with snake tattoos on their neck .

" All these time , we were thinking it's just a group but it's not "

" It's a damn big gang with a big name involved in it " Humza sounded angry .

" There were almost 500 girls abducted in 2 months from one city and what were we doing? " Humza slapped his hand on the table .

" We were just writing their missing report and closing the file "

" Is this why we become police "

" No sir " Osman Ahmed …. Humza junior and Khalid's best friend spoke .

" We will find those culprits and save those girls anyhow " Osman's determined voice somehow made Humza proud of his team .

" Yes we will " Humza look at the screen " but to catch these dirty fish, we have to spread the net " he smiled thinking about his plan .

" What happen , you look worried " Yousuf sat beside Maryam who was sitting in prayer mat .

" I don't know " she whispered .

" I feel like something bad is going to happen " her voice cracked .

He put his hand on hers " why would you say that "

" I have no idea " she put her head on his chest .

" You know , One of our neighbor's were saying that we are so lucky to have a such a beautiful family" Maryam complain .

Yousuf frown in confusion " but that's a good thing right ''

Maryam look at him annoyed " but she didn't said Masha Allah "

Yousuf still look confused.

" What if we got evil eye " Maryam almost cried .

Yousaf stayed silent for a second then burst into a manly laugh .

" Oh Maryam …. I forgot you still have sense on humor " he hug her lovingly but Maryam was tense… she wasn't joking.

___________________________________

What do you think about the chapter let me know in the comments and please don't forget to vote lovelies