Chapter 8

I didn't know what to put for the picture today so I put a drawing I made :D

I walk in the house and see my family getting ready for dinner. I take off my shoes and begin washing my hand so I can help with the chopping and dicing. I pull my hair back and begin the dicing when my dad speaks up.

"We heard you went to Camilo's show. How was it?" He asks

"It was really good. I never knew he could sing like that," I say as I start chopping an onion.

"So, you two have seen pretty close lately. Are you two..." my mom starts, putting an odd implication i keep getting in my head.

"Nope, we actually just established being friends," I say, keeping my composure.

"He picks you up everyday to hang out with you," Victor chimes in.

"He's just being friendly. Besides, that's only happened twice.  Not to mention that you guys told the Madrigals to help me, and he's one of them."

"What about the flirting?" He retorts

"He's literally the town flirt.  But I think I've gotten my point across so he won't be as flirty with me.  I'm trying to set him up with Valentina."

"Oh? They would be a cute couple," my mom says.

"Right?" I say, looking up from the onion im chopping to my mom. When I look back down,
I notice that I gave my finger a cut.

the juices from the onion soaked into it and i hissed, putting down the knife and walking over to the sink to clean it.

"How many times have I told you to watch what you're doing when you're on chopping duty," my mom sighs, grabbing the bandages.

"Too many," I say, rolling my eyes and washing my hands.

She puts on the bandage and I look out the window in front of the sink to see Valentina talking to someone who was cut off from the window's edging.  I move to the side so I can see who it is and I see Camilo.

They're both smiling, and he looks happy. She's holding the tulip, and then they move. It looks like camilo is facing more towards the window i was looking out and she was looking the other way. It looks like he's reacting to something. He looks like he's been asked a question. Not wanting to involve myself any further and let their relationship grow naturally.

I go back to my chopping and and let my magic do it's work. soon enough, dinner is finished and we set the table. we eat with a pleasant chatter and talk about our days.

i'm so sorry but time skip i can't think of anything

the next day, i got up a little earlier because i decide to walk over to the madrigal's house a couple minutes before camilo usually picks me up. 

"you're out early this morning," i hear from my side. Miss Manuela.

"my friend usually picks me up, so i thought i'd come to him for a change.  how are you?" i ask, having not seen the kind face in a while.  she was friends with my dad back in the day.  she's pretty short, slightly graying black hair, a piercing blue eye and a blind white one behind her burn scars.  she had been in a house fire and my dad saved her, but it took her eye and left many scars on her legs.

"better than ever! i just planted some new flowers, wanna see?" she asks, ushering me over.

"white hyacinths," i say, observing their beauty.

"i'm glad i picked them," she begins, "but off you go, don't keep your friend waiting."

"okay, have a nice day!" i say as i make my way to the madrigals.