Chapter 10: Fallon

Why am I so dumb?

What the hell possessed my body for me to make all of these incredibly stupid decisions? 

"It's those sparkling blue eyes. They put you in a trance. Image how much they'd sparkle when looking at you from in between your le-" I quickly shut the thought down and scold my inner voice for thinking that.

When I had realized that it was him who sat beside me in class, my mind had been clouded by all the images of the two of us together the night before. And as embarrassing it is to admit, I can't lie and tell you that I didn't relieve myself from the sexual frustration that he left me with after the club. Wow, that sounds completely pathetic. Anyways, I don't know what came over me when he made that comment about helping me out in class, but for some reason my seductive side decided to make it's appearance and I ended up saying something that I definitely shouldn't be saying. I thought that when I rushed out of class that I was safe from him but for some reason, the universe hates me so of course he rushed over to talk to me. But never in my life had I wanted to dig the deepest hole and bury myself in it. Or more like bury him in it. Don't get me wrong, Justin Bieber is my hottie husband and Baby will always be my go-to song but when Maxton Parker starts belting out the lyrics in the middle of campus where everyone is watching and most probably recording, somebody should literally just get a gun and shoot me in the head to save me from further embarrassment. I mean, how the hell was he not embarrassed that everyone was watching him sing a song from the Biebes. Oh wait, I know. Maxton is such a celebrity around here that he could do anything he wants and people will think it's cool. And that annoys the absolute hell out of me. 

Guys like that start to believe that they have so much damn power that it doesn't matter what they do. That they can manipulate and hurt people and no one will care or do anything because they're untouchable. And I've met my fair share of guys like that to know to stay away from them, especially when they find out who I am and who my family is. So why the hell did I agree to go to dinner with him tonight!? 

I promised myself that I would never give any hockey player the time of day since all they will ever want from me is to get closer to my family. There was no way I was going through that again. 

"Why do you look ready to burn a whole through your salad." The sound of Ella's voice breaks me out of my thoughts and I turn to find her and Lesley watching me with a concern and a little bit of amusement. When I don't answer and continue to stab my salad, Ella continues. "If this is about my brother performing a mini concert in the middle of campus to get you to talk to him then I'm sorry." She winces and she takes a seat beside me, reaching over and grabbing my fork and shoving salad in her mouth. This girl. "He could be really weird at times. Trust me. When I graduated high school and they called me on the stage to get my diploma, he stood on his chair holding a poster with my name written on it and started belting out the graduation song in high school musical. I would have killed him right there and then if I could." She grumbles the last part while Les and I try to hold in our laughter. We fail to do that and burst out laughing, tears welling up in my eyes as I imagine the scene. 

When Lesley somewhat calms down she manages to say, "How the hell does he not get embarrassed."

"Maxton doesn't ever get embarrassed. He just simply doesn't care." She shrugs and continues eating my salad. Ok, really. This biatch is straight up eating all of my salad. I snatch the bowl back and she gives me a sheepish grin. "Sorry, I'm hungry. Anyways, he's been like that since he was kid. Always joking around and stuff like that." 

I frown when she says that. I don't know why I think there's more to it than that. That there's more to him than people know. I sigh and shake my head. I shouldn't be trying to figure him out when I'm supposed to be staying away from him. Fuck. I should cancel tonight.