13. Watermelon edibles

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Today marked Sunday, which meant there was exactly one week until the day of the wedding. The day I have been dreading and wished never existed. The nauseating feeling in my stomach didn't help either.

We had been invited to the Russo family home this evening. They had planned an intimate dinner for both families just before the wedding.

Everything around me was just wedding related. White fabric, shiny pearls and fresh flowers. Thats all my eyes were seeing.

I had had countless dress fittings the past week and I wasn't sure if they were going to end at this rate. My mother had hired one of the best Italian tailors, all the way from Milan just to make my dress. The Preppy well known designer was perfect for the job. He had brought my scruffy sketch to life in a matter of days.

However I was slowly getting sick of it all. Don't get me wrong, I wanted my wedding to be perfect, I was only going to have one wedding anyway. My childhood dream of having the perfect wedding wasn't going to be ruined.

Like Lorenzo had said the day he gave me my engagement ring. Go big or go home.

Of course id rather go home but that wasn't an option sadly. So go big it was.

I still didn't want to go ahead with the wedding but what was done was done. I would be tied to a man who didn't love me and I didn't love back for the rest of my life.

I didn't bother arguing further with Papa, he wasn't going to have it. The deal was done and there was no turning back, unless if you wanted to start an unnecessary war with the other Sicilian family in New York.

My mother had taken charge of planning the wedding and all I had to do was give her my vision and she would make it come true. Lorenzo made it clear he didn't care how the wedding turned out after his blunt text message he had sent me after my mother had forced me to ask him, because apparently, it was rude not to.

Lorenzo: I don't care

Fine by me.

Even if he did have any wishes I wasn't plan on taking them into accord anyway. Call me petty.

News began to spread around about the wedding which meant the gifts were coming in. Every day I was awaken by the maids bringing in bags and boxes of gifts from family members, politicians and close associates of my father. My aunts and cousins had taken this opportunity to shower me with countless lingerie sets and jewellery. I think I had the entire colour wheel of bras and matching underwear.

And we cant forget Carina's inappropriate bdsm related gift. Sigh.

This morning I had woken up to two black gift bags, which my mother herself had dropped off to my bedroom.