Chapter 30: Undercover

I was getting out of class when my phone rang, Spencer's photo appearing on the screen.

"Best wife ever speaking," I answered with a smile.

"Hi!" Spencer said. "Do you have a minute?"

"Yeah, I just finished class, what's up?" I walked back to my office as we spoke, juggling stacks of paper and my bag.

"I'm going undercover for this case, it should just be for the evening," he started, "But I wanted to double-check with you before I did so."

"Why?" I'd never asked him to check with me.

"The victim profile is closest to my appearance, but there's one thing this unsub does," he hesitated. "She tries to, um, take them to bed before she kills them, and we need to get back to her apartment to get proof."

"So, you want to make sure if she kisses you or feels you up, it's okay?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"As long as it's for the case," I answered immediately. "And don't enjoy it too much."

Spencer laughed, "I won't, I promise."

"Be safe, Spence," I smiled. "Text me as soon as you can."

"I will. I love you."

"Love you too."

***

I finished my classes for the day and made my way up to Penelope's office. She was staying late to help the team, so I set up in the corner and graded assignments, staying close in case anything happened.

"He's going in," she told me. "They've got four trackers on him, so I wouldn't be too worried."

I offered her a small smile. "I'm trying."

***

"Reid is on the way to the unsub's residence; we're going to let them inside before following to avoid suspicion." Hotch's voice came from the speaker.

"How far away is her house?" I asked.

"We don't know exactly, but within about 15 minutes." He sounded unsurprised to hear me.

Okay. Cool. That's fine.

"He may have to stall for time." Hotch sighed. "I'm sorry."

"We discussed it, it's okay," I answered, keeping my tone even.

Spencer's POV

Luckily, she hadn't tried to spike my drink. Not that it would've done anything; I'd ordered a Sprite, so I'd be able to taste anything she put in it.

"Well, pretty boy, do you want to get out of here?" she asked, hands on my hips.

Why does everyone like calling me pretty boy?

"Your place?"

She smiled, "I'd be honored."

***

The woman, Amanda was the name she gave me, was driving. I repressed my disgust and placed one hand on her thigh, running it up and down.

We arrived. She had a small townhouse with a garage, which she pulled all the way into, the large metal door sliding shut behind us. No way out.

She led me inside and offered me a drink.

"Just water," I smiled at her, hiding my disgust. "I want to remember this night with you."