||30||

Dedicated to my little brother who is turning 11 today. I'm so happy for him. More life and prosperity bro. And  I don't hate you. Period.

Sis.

Let's continue, shall we...

•••

Kenneth

"Hey, Vivian. Wanna hang out? Tomorrow?" I wasn't the one who asked. I could never be. How did he even know her name?  I was quite surprised when he called her over. He was even speaking like he had known her for a long time.

"I'm...Well..." She picked her nails while looking at Alec with eyes twinkling like stars. Those eyes. I wanted to pluck them out.

"Come on, starry eyes. Just after lessons okay? It won't hurt. Come with whatever you want me to sign." She gasped.

"Oh my!" She is also a fan. Wow. I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, Ka-"

"I'm Alec. Just Alec." He flashed her his signature smile.

"Okay, Alec." She laughed a bit as her eyes drifted towards me, scanning me in a couple of seconds. Her ears were red. I rolled my eyes again. What would Ebenezer say if he knew his girl was making eyes at me? "Um, see you later then." She waved at him. "Bye Kenneth. Take care."

She left. "Well someone's got an admirer." Alec grinned. So he noticed.

"Starry eyes? Alec?" Dev who had eyes on his book this whole time asked.

"Her eyes are beautiful. They twinkle like stars. " Of course. "She's beautiful. Really pretty."

"Whatever," I murmured.

"Hey, Kenneth." It was like, my world had seen a flash of light. Watching Jeiel gracefully walking with that confident look and smile, I felt proud. Proud that she, Jeiel Essien, was my female best friend. And the girl I liked. Her. Only her.  I placed a kiss on her right cheek and she reciprocated before greeting Dev and Alec.

"How are you?"

"I'm good. Who was that girl who just left?"

"No one," I answered.

"Kenneth's partner," Dev spoke up. Jeiel looked at me accusingly. I had lied to her.

"Kenneth, come with me." She grabbed my arm and led me away from the lounge, towards the dorms. "Let's talk. Why have you been...quieter? Colder? I know that's how you are but..."

"I'd rather we go somewhere else. Not in the open." I said.

"Fine." She walked ahead and I followed.

~

My mood became worse when I saw the message. No improvement. Was she ever going to get better? "Kenneth are you ok-"

About an hour later, we were on my bed, naked and panting. I pulled her closer to me. "So...are you ready to talk to me?" I buried my face in her hair. It smelled so nice. "Kenneth, I'm listening."

"Mom is ill, Jeiel. It's critical The doctor said she may not have much time left if this goes on."

"Aunt Sapphire?" I hummed. "What really happened."

"Relapse of some illness she had since birth."

"Kenneth I'm sorry."

"I can't lose my mom. If anything happens to her, I'll never be the same."