Chapter Twenty One: Their Universe

'They must be playing some sick joke on you.'

This was the first thought that ran through Eve's mind upon Dean Harringtons confession. Along with Dean Harrington, Professor Archibald and Professor Lenox stood before her. Each of their faces held a mixture of emotions. However, they all stared at her with a sense of seriousness.

If they were messing with her they were extremely good at hiding it.

"We want you."
His voiced repeated in her head and Eve couldn't stop the sudden reaction her heart felt. She wanted nothing more than to fling herself into their arms and confess her deep attraction for them, however she wasn't entirely sure what they meant by "wanting" her.

Although Eve had never been attracted to anyone the way she had to the trilogy, she had also developed feelings for them. Feelings she didn't want to risk getting hurt.

"Little one, please say something."
William's voiced sounded as if he were wounded. The tension in the room was thick and Eve's mouth had gone dry.

She opened her lips to speak but nothing came out. Eve was at a lost for words.

"Poor thing, she's gone into shock."
Issac chuckled, he reached a hand out, gently pushing a piece of Eve's hair behind her ear.

Issac preferred being able to see her face completely. His action caused Eve to unconsciously lean into his touch which made him smirk.

"I think she likes me, fellas."

At his words she moved away from his hands and felt her cheeks begin to burn.

"Don't tease her Issac, she's probably trying to process everything."
William growled at Issac.

As he and Issac began to bicker slightly, Eve felt her heart threaten to beat out of her chest. Her palms grew sweaty and she felt her stomach turn with knots.

Looking up from her shoes, she made eye contact with Nicholas. His dark eyes hadn't left her since he told her what they wanted. His expression was cold and stern, forcing Eve to hold his gaze. She began to squirm upon realizing he hasn't taken his eyes off of her.

It was as if he were waiting for her to make a run for it.

Nicholas had tuned out William and Issac arguing over how Eve should be treated. He felt as if her were frozen, stuck in place. His body too afraid to move because there was a possibility in the next second, the girl of his dreams would reject him.

Although Nicholas Harrington had never faced rejection before, he knew it wouldn't be a big deal to him. However, if Genevieve Walker decided to walk away from them forever, he's not sure how he would respond.

Part of him knew it would be more painful than anything he's ever experienced. Another part of him wanted to lock her away so she could never leave them. Granted he knew that was a terrible and illegal idea, however it still played over in his mind constantly.

As he stared down at her, he could see the fear and confusion behind her eyes. He wanted nothing more than to take all her worries away.

'You'd rather lock her in your bedroom where she can never leave you."
He inwardly cursed at his inner thoughts, knowing they were a side of him Genevieve wasn't ready to see...yet.

"Genevieve , what are you feeling? Do you have any questions?"
Nicholas finally found the strength to speak.

She perked her head up and looked right at him with her large brown doe eyes. Nicholas sucked in a breath when her cheeks began to blush and she looked at him with so much wonder.