It's Fine, It's Fine, We'll Torture Him Together, Okay?

I shuddered again. It's fine. I can... "Why, nothing of the sort, Mother." I smiled childishly in reply.

"Ali."

"Mother, you are accusing me of acts that I did not do. Prince Naska so kindly asked me to participate in a duel with him, and I just agreed with his wishes. I cooperated with him, as you asked, Mother. He instigated the match, I just followed along with him, like you asked." I giggled. I'm dirt-free, unlike Mr. Hothead, but that's okay. What I said was true, technically, he asked me to duel with him, and he told me it was okay to go into my space.

I could see the emperor glaring daggers at Mr. Hothead. "Naska. How dare you drag Young Lady Novea into this! Why, the nerve of you..." Naska was looking at me disdainfully, but I just smiled back. It's your fault, not mine, Mr. Hothead. I thought as I watched him get chastised like a child.

"Young Lady Novea has come all this way to greet her betrothed, yet, this is how you repay her? Truly impudent!" The emperor said again, and I just smugly nodded along. "A duel! During a meeting! How did the lady ever get roped in with you?" My smile dropped, and killing intent began to sneak out of my aura. You want to know why, old man? It was because of your stupid talking that I got roped into this, and had to get engaged. It was your stupid son that made me participate in this duel, and it was your stupid mouth that made Father pressure me into marriage. All. Your. Fault. Fucking. Asshole.

"Ali. Don't touch that sword." Mother ordered. I realized I was about to draw out my katana to strike that fucking emperor down.

"Yes Mother..."

"Ali. Don't rope your fiance into unnecessary conflicts."

"...Yes, Mother..."

"Ali. Don't manipulate the prince according to your will."

"...Yes."

"Don't battle him if you don't have to, he is your betrothed."

"...Yes."

"And never, ever, suggest that you kill him when you reach the empire."

"..."

"Understood, Alice Enthu Novea?"

"...Yesss..."

The emperor didn't hear our side conversation and continued to scold his stupid son. "Young Lady Novea is leagues ahead of you, boy. If you truly incited her anger, she would be able to eliminate you in an instant. She has much more achievement piled up compared to you, who just goes on a few subjugations each year. You are lucky that I managed to get you her as a fiance!"

You managed to, huh. The way you put it made me sound like an object. 'I managed to get you her as a fiance'. Bullshit, old man. I'll kill you!

I drew out my katana but was stopped by Mother's glare once again. "ALI."

"...Yes."

----

I went back home, dejected. I couldn't kill the emperor or Mr. Hothead, I was scolded by Mother, and now I have a betrothed. What a shitty day. I thought as I stared at the scenery.

----

"Sister, how did you kill him?" Al asked when I returned home. I sighed glumly.

"I didn't, Little Al." I told him, looking up into his expectant and hopeful eyes.

"What... What do you mean you didn't, Sister? You told me you killed him." Al seemed to be in denial.

"Al..." I patted his shoulder and sighed. "It's over. Mother caught me before I could find some way to 'accidentally' kill him. I failed. It's all my fault..." I began sobbing, crying on Al's chest and hugging him like no tomorrow. "If I just slit his, sniff, throat sooner... sniff, if only I drove him down a cliff before, sniff, I was found out, sniff, and dug out his, sniff, disgusting organs... then, sniff sniff, I wouldn't be, sniff, so annoyed right now!" I bawled.

"There, there, Sister. But did you at least get an annulment?"

"NOOO! Sniff, the emperor, sniff, that damn fat old man, sniff, was watching me! Sniff, I want to fucking, sniff, kill him so bad and, sniff, torture him to death but, sniff, I can't because Mother said so! Waaahhh!" I hit his chest in sadness and frustration.

"So... you're engaged now?"

"..."

"Sister... let's kill him together, okay? So don't be sad, alright? I promise we'll torture him like you asked, and break his neck slowly, so don't cry..." He patted my back consolingly.

"MOTHER WON'T ALLOW IT! WAHHH!" I bawled louder this time and hit his chest harder.

"We'll torture him anyways... it's fine, Sister... it's fine..."

"Sniff. Sniff. It's sniff not the sniff same! I want to sniff make both of their lives sniff a living hell, but I sniff can't!"

"I'll do it for you. Just be okay. You're okay, Sister, we'll get through this together."

"Sniff. Sniff. Okay... I'll... try..." After crying my eyes out, I fell asleep in Al's arms.