132: College Entrance Exam Student 08

Zong Yan thought Edward had changed a lot.

In the past, the young prince was childish and even somewhat naïve, but the current Edward was a solid, qualified heir.

After the death of his father and his covert struggle with the other heirs, Edward transformed from a carefree, spoiled little prince to the true sovereign of the nation.

After he greeted Zong Yan and Wang KeMing and brought them into the palace, he said with some embarrassment that he needed to visit the royal tailor to try on clothes for the coronation. Zong Yan and Wang KeMing expressed their understanding. After all, they'd arrived here as a surprise for Edward. The coronation was about to take place and they knew he'd be busy. They ended up going along with him as bystanders.

During the fitting, they watched Edward methodically try on clothes while having a conference call with the prime minister.

It seemed that several members of the royal family still had mischief on their minds and were secretly plotting a rebellion to take over the country. They'd resorted to dirty methods. Edward was distracted for a while. It wasn't an easy thing to decide whether to attack your closest relatives.

"The situation isn't clear at the moment, Your Royal Highness. They'll most likely choose to act on the day of the coronation."

The prime minister disagreed. Over the phone he kept persuading Edward to take action immediately.

Edward had come out on top so far and was cooperating closely with the Spire Council. If he wanted to move, there was nothing to stop him.

In addition, the other prince and princess had sold out the interests of their own nation and joined up with the reactionary forces of a foreign country. Everyone in the cabinet was furious. The prime minister petitioned Edward, hoping he'd attack immediately.

"I see."

When Edward spoke, his blue eyes were covered with a layer of shadow. The light in his face was dimmed with a layer of hardened ice, which made it difficult to directly meet his gaze.

Edward didn't reveal his final decision, and perhaps that was because he was affected by Zong Yan and Wang KeMing's presence. As for the outcome, Zong Yan could guess.

But Zong Yan didn't mind.

People grow up, just like Zong Yan. After his grandmother fell ill, Zong Yan became responsible for everything in the family. He went from being a teenager to taking on the full burdens of an adult. All it took was a simple life event.

Zong Yan didn't know the prince's siblings, and he didn't know what happened in the past. He wasn't qualified to comment. Besides, this was someone else's family business. They were best friends, but it wasn't his place to tell Edward what to do.

In the short period of half a year, Edward had changed, but so had Zong Yan.

He'd gone from being a normal high school student to the leader of the evil gods, the Lord of the Universe, and from a righteous, unswerving investigator to the biggest infiltrator of them all. Not to mention he had an evil god boyfriend.

The butler in Buckingham Palace was the same elderly man whom Zong Yan had met before. When the butler was showing Zong Yan the way, the butler smiled and said, "His Royal Highness Prince Edward is very fond of you."

"Hahaha." Zong Yan smiled with a tinge of awkwardness. "That's because we're good friends."

He didn't know why, but he felt a little guilty when he said the words "good friend".

An investigator's three tools: an old seal, the holy sword of physics, and a friend.

The old seal was good for banishing mythical creatures, and evil gods hated old seals with a passion. To them, old seals were as appealing as poop.