chapter 6

The Race

Y/N was up in her dorm room having a mini panic attack. She had to go to the quidditch locker rooms in ten minutes. After her fight with Draco in the hallway he spread the word about the race. Telling people to be there to scare her. Hoping she would crumble under pressure.

Lucky for him, Unlucky for her. His plan was working.

"Liane. What am I supposed to do." She took in a sharp breath. "I have to go down there in-" she looked at her watch. "Eight minutes."

Y/N buried her face in her pillow.

"It's going to be ok." Liane said stroking Y/N's hair trying to comfort her.

"But what if I fall." She sniffled.

"You won't fall." Mae smiled. "You're an amazing Flyer."

"But what if, what if." She couldn't get the words out.

"What if what?" Liane asked.

"What if Draco tries to kill me?"

"Why the fuck would he try to kill you." Liane said. "Sorry I mean. Why would he try to kill you."

Y/N tried to speak.

"Y/N did something happen?" Mae asked looking at her with concerned eyes.

"I, alright. On the train ride here. He um. He kissed me without consent and he's tried to make this whole year completely horrible for me. He tried to get me to run around the school completely naked after he stole my clothes for Merlin's sake." She started to cry.

"I'm going to kill him." Liane said.

"I'm with you." Mae said standing up and grabbing her wand.

"Guys it's ok. Don't kill him." Y/N said. "Just get a group of people to throw apples at him or something while he's flying." She shrugged.

"We will do that." Mae put a hand on her shoulder pulling her into a hug. Liane quickly joining.

"Thanks guys." Y/N smiled. "I really needed that."

She looked at her watch quickly.

"Shit!" Y/N yelled. "I have to be there in two minutes."

Y/n said goodbye and ran out of their dorm. As she sprinted down the stairs and through the common room she ran into Charlie. Another boy on the team.

"Charlie! We have to go, come on!" She grabbed his hand.

"Why are you so worried L/N?" He asked.

"Please, call me Y/N." She smiled still running.

"Fine, why are you so worried Y/N?" Charlie smiled.

"I just need Malfoy to lose." She said. "You're not his partner for the race right?"

"No I'm with Bletchley." He told her. "Elliot's with Malfoy."

"Ugh and I thought I could trust that snake." She groaned.

"Calm down Elliot doesn't even like him."

They were finally at the locker rooms.

"L/N." She heard flint yell. "You're late!" 

"Yeah by one minute. Calm down Flint." She walked to her locker and got out her jersey.

"Actually you won't need that." Flint grinned.

"Please don't tell me I have to do this in a swimsuit." She rolled her eyes.

"Nope." He laughed. "The news got around about the race. Some students were so excited they made each team their own uniforms."