Chapter 1: First Day

"Yeji, do good in school. The family's reputation depends on it." Yeji looks at her dad and asks, "Then why is Hyunjin going to another school." Her dad repeats, "Because our family's reputation depends on it. Understand?" Yeji nods as her dad says, "Vampires are one of the most dignified beings that exist. I want you to act like one and I want you to be the best. Understand?" Yeji nods again as her dad says, "Stay away from any demons, understand?" Yeji nods one last time as her mother finally runs up to her and gives her a tight hug. She whispers, "As parents, we're not allowed to oversee you while you're here. Just have fun but don't forget the weight your name carries, okay?" Yeji nods with a smile as her mom tears up, "Please have fun. By no means do I want you to go to your brother's extent in having fun but learn from him sometimes and choose to enjoy life. Your dad won't tell you but he was quite a party animal when he went to Magic Island and that's how we met. So be safe but have fun. Please?"

Yeji smiles, "Okay mom." Her mom smiles, "I love you." She smiles back, "I love you too." Her mom moves back as her dad suddenly shows emotion. He punches Yeji's shoulder softly as he says, "Don't bother making me proud. We already are. Just... ummm... Go get em tiger." Yeji smiles as she turns to the gate of Magic Island, or what some would refer to as, "Mythical School for Enchanted Creatures."

Yeji smiles excitedly as she walks through the streets of Magic Island. It was an entire island created for mythical creatures to learn about their histories and what they could do in their futures. No humans were present and magic was literally in the air. It was run by powerful witches and warlocks who imposed some rules but they were very lenient. Many knew that this was not only the best place to create a brighter future but also the most fun. Everyone here was around the same age and there were rarely any conflicts.

"I'm so sorry!"

Yeji jumps in shock as she hears fluttering by her ear. She turns her head confused as a fairy suddenly turns into her human form. Yeji smiles at her, "You're a fairy." Fairies were one of the most innocent creatures. Not only were they beautiful but they had the ability to swap in between two different forms. Pixie form was when they were small and had small wings to help them fly around. As they flew in pixie form, glitters and sparkles were produced from their wings. They also had a more mortal form where they would lose their wings but turn into a human proportionate to their fairy size. The fairy smiles, "I got fairy dust on your shoulder. It should wash off easily!" Yeji smiles, "I don't mind. Fairies are really prettier in person."

The girl blushes and extends her hand, "I'm Shin Yuna!" Yeji smiles, "Hwang Yeji." Yuna's eyes widened, "Hwang?" Yeji nods her head as Yuna suddenly turns into a fairy again. She says, "N-nice to meet you! I have to go to my dorm, bye!" Yeji smiles then continues to walk until she reaches a table. They were distributing the dorm assignments. Her parents wanted to give her a private dorm but she convinced her mom to sign her up for the mix dorms. The private dorms were heavily separated and there was only one building for each class with only 4 classes. Demonic, Heavenly, Nature Spirits, and Immortals. Yeji was a vampire so she fell into the Immortal section which was mostly made of vampires with a few demigods.

The lady with the lush red hair stares at Yeji a bit weirdly. There was a shiver sent up her spine as Yeji neared her. Yeji says, "Hwang Yeji, nice to meet you." The girl drinks water and whispers under her breath, "That explains a lot." Yeji looks at her confused as the other girl hands her some papers and her dorm key. She introduces herself, "I'm Lee Chaeryeong, a mermaid." Yeji's eyes widen in confusion, "But you're on land?" Chaeryeong shows off her pendant, "We get these land charms. It helps us breathe on land but it makes us really thirsty. Anyway, we have this power to sense danger coming and... I should warn you about your roommate." Yeji looks at her confused as Chaeryeong, "You're safe by all means! I'm sure of it but you should... be careful. I know you're a vampire and all but... you'll see. Just let me know if you want to change dorms, okay?" Yeji nods as she carefully approaches her dorm. She inhales then exhales then knocks on the door. Yeji unlocks the door and opens it revealing a woman. But she wasn't just a normal woman.

Inside stood a demon with large horns and pitch black eyes. Her large black wings spread out as her tail with a heart shaped tip extended for at least 4 feet. Yeji gulps as the woman turns to her mortal form. She smiles, "My roomie is a vampire." Yeji stutters, "Y-you're a demon." The girl with short hair walks near Yeji and boops her nose, "Succubus to be exact." Yeji steps back through instinct as the girl extends her hand, "Shin Ryujin. I'm excited to be your roommate." Yeji stared at her hand, still intimidated as Ryujin frowned. She takes her hand back and throws herself onto her bed.

Ryujin asks, "Aren't you a vampire?" Yeji nods as Ryujin groans in annoyance, "Then why are you scared of me! Gosh, you're acting like a fairy right now... I'm not gonna kill you or fuck you!" Yeji blushes as she stutters, "H-huh?" Ryujin says, "Gosh, I swear we're more misunderstood these days. Succubus feeds off affection and pleasure! We don't have to fuck people to eat! Sure we have urges but having friends usually helps us tone down our cravings..."

Yeji suddenly apologizes, "I'm so so sorry! It's just... I never met a Succubus before! My brother dated one but my dad found out and made sure they broke up! He doesn't like demons at all! I was just shocked! I swear!" Ryujin glances at her and notices her innocence. She chuckles and walks to Yeji then flirts, "You want to be like your brother?" Yeji blushes, "Huh?" Ryujin leans forward chasing Yeji to lean back, "As in... date a Succubus? I swear we're fun to be around." Yeji gulps and Ryujin notices as she backs away and laughs it off. Ryujin smiles, "I'm messing with you. Let's be friends and quit being awkward, okay?" Yeji nods as she calms herself. She brings in her luggage as Ryujin asks, "So do you need to suck my blood every now and then?" Yeji shakes her head and says, "There's a Vampiric Pub in the school town. I can drink there." Ryujin jokes, "That's a shame... so what's being a vampire like?"

Yeji finishes placing her clothes in the closet as she replies, "Fun. We can turn into bats to travel around. We're strong and immortal. We can control weak minds but the sun is a pain... it doesn't kill us immediately but it definitely burns." Ryujin chuckles, "Sounds about right... Succubus are like any other demons but with special powers. Kiss of death is what they call it but to explain, I can suck life force from kissing. I'm also pretty strong and have a lot of stamina. You saw my demonic form."

Yeji nods as Ryujin smiles, "I'm not a fortune teller but I can see us being great friends." Yeji nods as they hear a sudden knock on their door. Ryujin was quick to stand and open it.

"Hello! I'm Choi Jisu and we're neighbors. I made these brownies for you all and—"

"I'd rather have a piece of you, you look like a real snack." Jisu's eyes widened as she stares into Ryujin's pitch black eyes with small thorns extending from her forehead. Jisu gulps as Yeji walks up and plays a long, "Save some for me, Ryujin." Jisu's eyes dart to Yeji and her fangs as they extend out along with her bright red eyes.

Jisu drops her tray of snacks as Ryujin and Yeji break into laughter. Ryujin smiles, "I'm joking! Please don't cry!" Jisu sighs in relief as Ryujin picks up the brownies and smiles, "Thank you so much. Really. It's super welcoming and we appreciate your effort." The girl smiles and says, "You can call me Lia. I'm just across you two."

Ryujin smiles, "Must be intimidating living across a Succubus and vampire." Lia giggles, "A little. My roommate is a fairy and we were kind of scared but you two are really nice." Ryujin says, "I'm Shin Ryujin and this is Hwang Yeji." Yeji waves at Lia whose eyes widen at her name. Lia suddenly bows, "I'm Choi Jisu! I'm a witch!"

Ryujin raises her eyebrow, "Umm, you already introduced yourself and you don't have to be too formal. We're all friends here." Yeji nods, "Yeah, just relax." Lia blushes, "I'll relax! I'm relaxed right now!" Yeji looks at her confused as Lia bows again then runs back into her room. Ryujin chuckles, "She is a witch... I'd see why she'd be intimidated by you."

Yeji turns to Ryujin and asks, "Is it really that bad?" Ryujin replies, "Not to everyone. Mostly the nature spirits type of creatures are the most scared. Your grandparents do run the most renowned mythical businesses which are mostly run by nature spirits. I don't really give a shit because demons do whatever they want. Nature spirits, on the other hand, prefer to work in organized and orderly systems which were set up by your grandparents a couple thousand of years ago."