Chapter 2: The Gorgon

Yeji pouts as Ryujin leaves the dorm and says, "I'll see you later. There's a welcoming rave at the demonic caves and I want to make some friends. Ciao." Ryujin quickly extends her wings and flies out as Yeji glances at the island map. It really was just a piece of paper which instantly redrew itself as you moved through the island.

Yeji wanted to check out the vampiric pub so she stared at her map but that's when she bumped into someone who would end up changing her life. Yeji stumbles as she notices the person she bumped into dropped their sunglasses. Yeji's eyes widen as she pockets her map and picks up the sunglasses.

"I'm so sorry!"

"NO! DON'T—"

"GORGON! EVERYONE CLOSE YOUR EYES!"

Yeji was too slow to react to everyone's panic. For a brief second, she made eye contact with him. With the gorgon. The mythological beast whose hair was made of snakes and eyes could turn anyone into stone. But she didn't turn to stone nor did she see a beast. All she saw was eyes of pity and sadness as she staredat him.

The guy quickly panics and shuts his eyes as Yeji stands there staring right at him. She whispers, "I can't turn into stone." The man with snake locks turns to her confused as he whispers, "What?" Yeji smiles back at him, "I was born a special vampire. Curses don't work on me and your stone powers fall under a curse. You can look me in the eyes. The gorgon slowly opened his eyes as he stared at the cat eyed vampire. She smiled at him softly as she extended her hand giving him his sunglasses.

She smiles, "I'm Hwang Yeji." He slowly leans forward to stare deeper into her eyes. The gorgon chuckles and backs away, "I'm Choi Yeonjun. And Hmm... wow. I've never seen anyone's eyes with my bare eyes before so this might be weird but you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen." Yeji blushes as a security guard suddenly walks in. He was a warlock like every other staff in the island. He raises his voice, "GORGON! PUT YOUR GLASSES BACK ON!" Yeonjun suddenly panics and puts them back on as the guard lets everyone know they're safe. Gorgons were one of the most feared types of beasts. They were classified between demonic and nature spirits but they were very rare and tended to not interact with anyone. The curse of their eyes were too strong so witches and warlocks could never find any way to stop them from harming others. Yeonjun was the first gorgon to ever go to Magic Island but he had strict rules around him for the safety of others. He felt outcasted. He felt like he was a threat to others and that he wouldn't be able to make the friends he dreamed of having. But that was before he ran into Yeji.

He quickly runs to her side and smiles, "Hey! Sorry for running into you back there! These glasses make it hard to see." Yeji smiles at him back, "No, I wasn't paying attention. No need to apologize." Yeonjun smiles at her as she says a bit shyly, "Sorry but your... your hair is biting mine." Yeonjun looks up and notices the snakes on his head eating hers and slowly backs up, "Oh sorry! They're usually not like this! They must really like you." Yeji smiles and asks, "So do you have to feed them or take care of them?" Yeonjun smiles back at the conversation, "No not really. They're kind of just like your hair. I don't feel it too much when they get cut but they do grow back. I don't have to wash them and they depend on my emotions and nutrients so ummm... I usually eat for a hundred beings, hehehe." Yeji smiles, "Sounds like a hassle." Yeonjun smiles, "It's not too bad once you get used to it."

Yeji nods and waves, "Sorry but I have to head to the pub! Nice meeting you, Yeonjun!" Yeonjun smiles at her brightly, "Lovely meeting you, Hwang Yeji!"

___

"Demigod? There's a demigod going to Magic Island?"

"Is that him!?"

"I swear there was a food court here."

"This map isn't lying, I swear."

The two roommates continue to stare at the confusing map as a large crowd forms around them, the majority of them being female. Beomgyu looks around and asks, "Is everything okay?" They all stare at him with heart eyes. He was an angel. Beomgyu had a halo over his head with modest and pure white feathered wings on his back. He wore all white and was literally shining in the streets.

Taehyun looks away from the map and asks, "Are you also looking for the cafeteria?" They all nod but in reality they just wanted to follow them. Taehyun was the only demigod on the island. Demigods were extremely rare. Although there were a lot of gods roaming the world, it was rare for them to have half mortal children. Taehyun was a son of the god of the ocean and a woman at a nearby town. He had the powers of his father but he was very humble and shy with them. That's why he was sent here. Beomgyu was his roommate. The two gained a lot of attention being a demigod and an angel. Suddenly, Chaeryeong appears and says, "Of course you're lost!"

Beomgyu looks at her confused, "Who are you?" Taehyun smiles, "Chae! Dad said you would help me out!" Chaeryeong rolls her eyes as she takes his map from his hands. She throws it away and says, "That was last year's map, here." She hands him a new one as Chaeryeong adds, "Next time, don't use the busy streets. You get too much attention." Taehyun blushes seeing the large crowd around them as Beomgyu grabs his hand and extends his wings, "Lets go, I'm hungry!!!!"

But as they flew up, they ran into someone else. Lia shrieks as Beomgyu knocks her off her witch broom. Beomgyu's eyes widened in panic but another witch saved her life. But it wasn't actually a witch, it was a warlock.

Lia's eyes slowly open as Soobin smiles at her, "You should've put your broom belt on." Lia smiles, "Thank you. I was going to but someone bumped into me as I was doing it!" Soobin flies her down to get her broom as Beomgyu and Taehyun land by them. Beomgyu bows his head in shame, "I'm so sorry! I was just in a rush and I forgot that others could be flying too!" Lia smiles back, "It's fine—" Soobin asks, "Are you two heading to the cafeteria as well?" They nod as Soobin smiles, "Mind if we join you?" Taehyun adds, "We don't mind at all!" Lia smiles, "I'm Choi Jisu. You can call me Lia."

"I'm Choi Beomgyu."

"Kang Taehyun."

Lia smiles, "Great, should we get going before the food lines are too long?"