Chapter 12: Love

Beomgyu flies around until he notices the open table. He smiles as his angel wings flutter slowly while gliding through the massive library. He sits on the chair across Seyoung and smiles, "This library is crazy. I've never seen floating tables before." Seyoung smiles at him and replies, "It's kind of scary, isn't it?" Beomgyu looks around and notices the several floating tables and seats for students to study as he chuckles, "Yeah, sort of." He then glances at her wrist and notices the scrunchie. Beomgyu points out, "So Yeji gave you the scrunchie, did you get to talk to her? She's really nice." Seyoung looks at him and says, "Ryujin gave it." He looks at her puzzled and says, "Weird, she ignored me when I asked her to."

Seyoung asks out of the blue, "Who is Ryujin?" Seyoung has been thinking about her a lot since their second meeting. She was a little worried about the demon because Seyoung felt like Ryujin liked Beomgyu too and she was insecure. The angel thought Ryujin was pretty and charming and she didn't want to lose Beomgyu to her. The two angels have been talking for a while and definitely hung out with just the two of them before but Beomgyu continued to draw that fine line of friendship. Seyoung was worried that he drew that line because of Ryujin.

Beomgyu replies, "You don't know her? She's the Succubus and demon that hangs out with Yeji. I swear you two seen each other before." Seyoung rephrases the question, "Who is Ryujin, to you?" He looks at her lost as she asks bluntly, "Do you like her? Ryujin. Do you like Ryujin?" Beomgyu replies still unsure of the question, "I mean yeah... she's annoying at times but she's fun to talk to. She likes picking fights with me, which is weird but I don't think she has any ill intentions." Seyoung grips her fist and frustration and finally voices her feelings, "I like you, Choi Beomgyu! As in I like you, in a romantic way!"

Beomgyu looks at her with widened eyes as Seyoung shrinks back down hearing the hushes of the others in the library. Beomgyu whispers, "Ohh... that's what you meant." Seyoung replies, "So please, tell me if you like Ryujin at all because I don't know if I can compete—"

"I don't like her romantically. I don't know what made you think that, if anything I thought it was obvious I liked you." Seyoung blushes as Beomgyu chuckles, "Yeah, I thought you already knew it and you were just friendzoning me. I guess I was wrong." The female angel looks at him with heart eyes, "R-really? Because it looks like Ryujin likes you and she's so pretty and charming and— I'll never choose me over her."

Beomgyu smiles at Seyoung, "I like you, Seyoung. I've been talking to you and hanging out with you. Ryujin was off doing her own thing while you were with me. So as far as I know, you're my number one choice compared to anyone, not just to Ryujin." Seyoung smiles brightly at him as he chuckles, "Now, we should study so we can get this test over with and go on our first date."

...

"What have you been doing the past few weeks?"

Yeji walked by Ryujin's side as they caught up. Ryujin avoided everyone for the last couple of days for unknown reasons. She says, "I have other friends..." Yeji asks, "And will I ever meet them? You've only been clinging to me, I can't believe what you're saying right now."

Ryujin smiles and boops her nose, "Cuz I prefer hanging out with you." Yeji scoffs and asks, "Really, I want to know what other people you like. Because only you and I are really friends. The others just became friends because of association." Ryujin sighs and says, "If I told you who I hang out with, you're going to judge me and tell me to stop." Yeji looks at her and asks, "Why would I do that?" Ryujin chuckles, "Because that's what's good for me and I know you'd want that."

Yeji pauses and stops walking. She asks, "Then why don't you stop? You know yourself that it's better for you so why don't you do it?" Ryujin sighs and turns to Yeji. She points at her stubby devil horns on her forehead and says, "Don't forget what I am, Yeji. I'm a Succubus. I still need to feed and I'm addicted to affection. I don't want to start kissing you and sucking your life force out, so I find other people to do it." Yeji stared at Ryujin with worried eyes as she whispers, "I-I can give you affection. You don't need to go to people who are bad for you. You can ask the others for—"

"Yeji, you don't understand. It won't work with you or anyone else. It's either actual affection with pure love and care or..." Yeji asks, "Or what?" Ryujin hisses, "Toxic affection. I'm sure you can use context clues with what one means. Just leave me alone, okay? I'll deal with my own problems." Yeji stays quiet then says, "No. I want to help you. Let me—" Ryujin quickly places her hand on the small of Yeji's back and pulls her in closer. Yeji's eyes widen as Ryujin's other hand goes onto the taller's nape and pulls her in for a kiss.

Yeji could feel her life draining from Ryujin's kiss as the demon pushes her away. Yeji almost falls from being light headed but Ryujin catches her. Ryujin whispers, "I told you, you can't help me. You're almost knocked out but I'm still hungry. It's awkward right now and I don't want to be awkward with you. So let me deal with it, okay? I can't kill you but your body would be really weak for the rest of the day. You can't help me Yeji, just accept that fact and let's move on from this. Okay?"

"Is this how you two normally communicate with each other?"

Ryujin turns her head and glances at Chaeryeong who looks at them amazed. Ryujin chuckles, "Believe it or not, it is." The mermaid chuckles and asks, "Teahyun said you wanted to tag along?" Ryujin replies, "No, he invited me and I said yes." Chaeryeong smiles as Yeji asks, "You're going with them to the beach?" Ryujin smiles, "Yeah, I haven't seen it yet. Do you want to come?"

Yeji replies by showing off her fair skin and says, "Vampire. The sun isn't really nice to me." Ryujin says, "You can cover up, come on, it'll be fun." Yeji replies, "I would but... Yeonjun asked if I wanted to help out with his project. I already said yes." Ryujin glances at Chaeryeong who looks back at her with the same teasing smile.

Yeji realizes what they're up to and says, "It's not--" Chaeryeong replies, "Yeji and Yeonjun sitting on a tree." Yeji argues, "It's not like--" Ryujin finishes, "K I S S I N G" Yeji rolls her eyes, "We're friends and I want to help. Okay? Don't you have a beach to go to?" Chaeryeong interlocks her arm with Ryujin and says, "Yes, yes we do. Good luck on your date."

Yeji blushes and says, "Lia and Soobin are going to be there too! It's not just-" Ryujin gasps, "A double date. How fun!" The vampire finally gives up as the two walk away chuckling at the teasing. Yeji was quick to brush the friendly teasing off and run off to Soobin's dorm where they planned to work on the projects.