Chapter 2

Inei's POV. 2 months before Tanjuro Kamado's Death.

It's been two years since I received the order from Kagaya-sama of protecting a family that lives in the mountains. But this one is near the mountains. A village in fact.

I decided to make a long pause on my mission and went to stay at the house of the Kamado Family, a family of coal burners.

Tanjuro-san, the father and head of the Kamado Family. Kie-san, Tanjuro-san's wife. The two of them provided me shelter and I've been living with them ever since.

I also met their six children, from oldest to youngest: Tanjiro, Nezuko, Takeo, Hanako, Shigeru, and Rokuta.

One day, on New Year, it seems like Tanjuro-san is going to perform the Hinokami Kagura once more.

In fact, when I began living with the Kamado Family, I became interested with the dance......

He even taught me the Hinokami Kagura dance alongside his eldest son, Tanjiro.

Since Tanjiro was still young, he wasn't still able to master the Hinokami Kagura Dance.

As for me.....when I was able to completely learn all the Twelve Forms.

Tanjuro: Inei-kun, you had the potential of performing the Hinokami Kagura.

Tanjuro: In fact, you can even perform a more refined version of the Hinokami Kagura.

Inei: What do you mean?

Tanjuro: The way you breath is silent, yet serene. Your moves doesn't even exert a single sound, from your head, down to your feet.

Tanjuro: Your body, down to your blood vessels are in total control, and your senses are sharp. To the point that you even mastered the Hinokami Kagura just within 2 months after I taught you and Tanjiro.

Inei: The dance is really comforting......and it somehow helped me with my endurance.

Tanjuro: You can see it, do you?

Inei: !?

Inei: You mean........?

Tanjuro: The Transparent World. You can see it, right?

Inei: Wait, don't tell me you can.......

Tanjuro: Yes. I can also see the Transparent World.

Tanjuro: That is how I was able to deduce how you move and how you were able to quickly adapt with the Hinokami Kagura.

Tanjuro: Your mind and body are always in together. 

Tanjuro: You even got to improve your breathing, and even your stances. Didn't you see?

Tanjuro: You became much stronger.

That's right. I became much stronger than before. I felt that my sword even became more light, more light than a feather.

Tanjuro: Now then, Inei-kun. Care to join me, in offering this dance to the Fire God, this new year?

I gave him a solemn nod.

Inei: Of course. It is my way of repaying you for teaching me.

I then remembered the time, where Tanjiro was trying to imitate Tanjuro-san's kagura dance, while Nezuko is cheering for her brother.