Chapter 9

"What's wrong Belle?" Rabastan was worried looking at her crying like this. Why is she crying? "Why are you crying?"

"Why didn't you come?" Julia asked with accusation in her tone.

"I told you that I'll be back in an hour." Rabastan looked confused. What is she talking about? He had to fight with Bella so that she will let him go and he can be back in time so that he can take his Belle shopping.

"You lied to me." She said crying and his heart broke at the sight of her crying.

"What are you saying? I didn't lie about anything to you. Why are you crying, Belle? What's wrong? Tell me, what happened? Did you get any other letter from the Weasel?" Rabastan asked cupping her cheeks and wiping the tears with the pad of his thumbs.

"Don't touch me." She hit his hands weakly, but he didn't let go. "You said you will come. You said you will protect me. You lied. You lied to me. I hate you. Go away. Don't touch me!" She shouted at him and tried to push him away.

"What's going on?" Remus entered the room looking panicked as he heard her shouting when he was outside the house. "What did you do, Lestrange? I warned you to not touch my cub, how dare you-"

"Shut up, Lupin. I just came back from meeting my brother. I didn't do anything." Rabastan glared at him. "I told you, I would never do such thing and I'm a man of my word."

"Then why is she crying and asking you to not touch her?" Remus asked angrily.

"I don't know." Rabastan snapped at him. "I was trying to find out what happened when you came and started accusing me."

"Move." Remus pushed him away and pulled Julia into his chest. She hugged him tightly clenching his shirt tightly in fists and cried into his chest. "What's wrong cub? Why are you crying? Did anyone hurt you? Did Lestrange do anything? What's wrong?"

Julia just cried more worrying both men even more. Remus tried to make her look at his face, but she won't let him go and tightened her hold on him. Rabastan was looking at her confused and worried. What happened when he left that she is crying like this? He just left for an hour and he never felt anyone trying to enter the wards of her room, so no one could've hurt her. He searched the room for any letter from those traitors that may have hurt her like last time, but he couldn't see any letter.

"What did you do?" Remus asked him again and Rabastan wanted to punch his face in anger.

"I didn't do anything, dammit." Rabastan shouted in anger. "I went out and just returned now. Don't you understand basic English?"

"Guess what, I don't trust you." Remus spat at him.

"I don't care." Rabastan said back equally angry.

"What is going on?" A voice asked from the doorway making both the men snap their heads towards the father of the child crying on the bed. Rabastan looked a bit relieved at the sight of him.

"Severus, do you have a calming draught?" Rabastan asked him.

Severus was shocked to see Rabastan Lestrange in the room, but hid it well behind his mask of indifference. What in the Merlin's name is going on here? This is Potter's House, isn't it? Why is a death eater here and why is the brat crying and making a scene? Why were Lupin and Lestrange shouting?

Wait! How did Lestrange enter the wards? No death eater without permission from Dumbledore can enter them and is he here to hurt the brat? Is that why she is crying? Severus pointed his wand at Rabastan in suspicion. He hates the brat, but he did vow to protect his Lily's daughter after her death.