Chapter 81 - Merry Christmas!

I did not take a nap, much to Shouta's displeasure. However, he is not mad about it since he got to at least sit down on the bed to take some time to chill out. Sitting down still is a different story, but he doesn't seem to mind, especially when he is creating trouble for himself.

"Sir, cats are a venom to society. I don't know what world you grew up in, but the world I grew up in, cats are demons. They are trying to turn people into their slaves, and you're one of them!"

"You say that about every animal including humans. I do not see how that is a valid argument."

"Because all animals are shit! Simple as that, Shouta."

"Have you never petted a cat before?"

"My mom tried to, and the fucker bit me! I had to go get my rabies shot after that!"

"Why was your mom encourage you to pet street cats?"

"It wasn't! It was Bakugo's cat!" Shouta raises an eyebrow.

"Bakugo...had a cat?"

"Of course. He wanted a cat, so they got it for him. He was like...five or six at the time? Either way, he got the fucker. He ended up scaring it to the point of biting him whenever he was near it since he just kept trying to pet it when it didn't want to be petted, so Aunt Mitsuki had to give it a new home. She liked that cat too, for some reason."

"I don't know how to feel about that information."

"Blackmail."

"Since I am a teacher, I can't blackmail my students."

"Oh, oof. Sounds like a you problem."

"You shouldn't either because you are a TA."

"But I am also a student in class 1-A."

"Which you are barely in."

"You never specified the specifics, sir."

Shouta sighs, "Returning back to your cat issue, it's just your opinion. Doesn't mean you should ruin it for others."

"So I should let them get manipulated?"

"Yes."

"But I like you enough. I rather you not be manipulated."

"I appreciate the sentiment, but you're going to have to deal with this manipulation I am under."

"I'm switching besties."

"I'm still you're primary guardian."

"I'm switching guardians."

"Only happens in emergency cases when I am unable to make sound decisions for you if needed. Besides, would you rather have someone else?"

"Shut the fuck up. You give yourself way too much credit, Shouta."

"Considering you are still sitting here, I don't think so."

"Can you stop being logical, goddamn it?"

"No."

I hear someone knock at my dorm door. I guess social hour is over. To be honest, I enjoyed it. Not that I will ever tell Shouta that, but it's nice not having to talk about hero shit with him for once. Or my emotional problems.

I get up off the bed and go through my place until I get to my door.

When it open it, it reveals Hizashi with a box, "Hey, what's up?"

Hizashi offers me his usual big smile, "Hey, tiny listener! How are you feeling?"

"I'm better. I don't feel like deleting myself off of Facebook anymore, so that's good, I assume."